Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Redington CT 6wt 9ft

I have the 5wt and my buddy bought the 6wt. Its a sloooow rod compaired to all the Sage rods that I have so it took some changes in my normal casting storke but they cast well. i was hitting 45' with the 6wt no problems at all.
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Quote Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
    I have the 5wt and my buddy bought the 6wt. Its a sloooow rod compaired to all the Sage rods that I have so it took some changes in my normal casting storke but they cast well. i was hitting 45' with the 6wt no problems at all.
    I agree. I found it performed the double haul nicely and accurately.
    "Whale oil beef hooked !"- Traditional east coast fishermen saying

Yes a good haul on the line it really wakes the road up. Thee is quiet a bit of difference even between the 5wt and 6wt when casting. I can imagine the 3wt would feel very close to a bamboo action, my 5 almost does.
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Quote Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
    Yonder I like that quote in your signature; is that from Lonesome Dove?
    yes.......the best movie ever made......

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jastrout View Post
    Not to steal thread, But where are CT rods still available ? I grabbed a 8'6" 5 at Cabelas for $75 and should have snag the long 3 wght. I am shocked at casting qualities of this Asian made rod and built is respectable . Even at $149 it was very good rod. Again any sites with available rods would be appreciate
    Redington Classic Trout Fly Rod -CLOSEOUT- : Fishwest Online Fly Shop

Fishwest is showing some 4 weights at 82 dollars.....
    yonder

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

Quote Originally Posted by jastrout View Post
    Not to steal thread, But where are CT rods still available ? I grabbed a 8'6" 5 at Cabelas for $75 and should have snag the long 3 wght. I am shocked at casting qualities of this Asian made rod and built is respectable . Even at $149 it was very good rod. Again any sites with available rods would be appreciate
    Sorry for the late reply.
    www.basspro.com they have it on sale for $99.89 and up until yesterday they had the rod swapping program. I was planning to swap my old and ugly trout casting rod worth only for $15 for the CT.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
    After toying with it, I ended up not getting it. It is to slow for me and probably I am not a good caster yet.
    I don't have much false casting room where I fish, so I need a bit faster rod for the streamers I am planning to you.

Nice and beautiful rod though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12