Finally!!!!!!!!

troutchaser8

Reaction score

Finally, after a year saving, I bought a new Winston Boron III-SX 9ft 6wt! Definitely worth it!

Last edited:

streamwalker

Reaction score
Winston rods are sweeeeeettt!!! I've been lucky enough that a good friend let me cast his and man was it smooth! One day I will have one in my stable!

Congratulations on yours! And if u don't enjoy it ill take it off of your hands:)

moucheur2003

Reaction score
It is a good day.

I remember how I felt when I finally got my Winston, a 2-piece downlocking 8'6" 5 wt WT. Tom McGuane called it "the five-weight trout rod against which all others are measured." Since then I have been lucky enough to acquire an 8' 4wt Tom Morgan Favorite as well. The great thing is, some of that feeling still comes back every time I open the tube.

cletus

Reaction score
Careful man, one rarely stops at one Winston! I speak from experience. The joy you felt when it arrived will pale in comparison to when you get it on the water. Congrats!

thewalker1013

Reaction score
Man, I dream of the day I add a 5 wt bIIIx to my quiver... Congrats, I'm super jealous, no matter which Winston it is

troutchaser8

Reaction score
Hey guys. Sorry I only had one picture up! My computer crashed yesterday and I couldn't finish editing it.

FrankB2

Reaction score

Finally, after over a year saving, I bought a new Winston Boron III-SX 9ft 6wt!
A few years ago, some forum members were complaining about the high cost of premium rods, and others were saying they could never afford one. I started a thread (too far back in time to find it) about how skipping a cup of Starbuck's, cutting back on smokes, snacks, etc would give a person enough savings in one year to buy a rod as sweet as this Winston. You've proven it can be done. Congrats on saving and buying what you wanted, and enjoy every minute on the water! :)

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Congratulations! The wood spacer in that reel seat is gorgeous and I think it is very classy to write the rod's name in script by hand rather than the ubiquitous stenciling so common today.