Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which rod

1. Default Which rod

Hi folks i will be purchasing small 4 weight in next couple of weeks and i am trying to decide between the echo 3 and the scott a4. Anybody with experience of either rod. Cheers from Ireland.

Default Re: Which rod

I don't know anything about those particular rods but welcome to the forum!

Both are good rods I have a Echo 3 in a 5wt. That I like, never cast a Scott but have heard good things about them . Go cast them side by side see what you like. Go with how it suits you. Both are good.

Maybe the Yellowstone Angler 4 weight rod review will assist you.

ive never cast the echo 3 but the a4 is alot of rod for the money. They are very similar in feel to the higher end s4 without some of the fancy hardware and such. I own three scott g2s but am in a different financila spot now and cant spend that kind of money on a rod so if i need another i will probably go with an a4. the echo seems to be a nice rod also but from what ive read they are a touch faster. you may prefer that, it would be ideal if you could cast both.

6. Default Re: Which rod

Thank you fo the replies, yes i think casting both is the answer.

7. Default Re: Which rod

I have a desire to own a scott admittedly, no fly stores sell these in Ireland.

While they are both fine rods, go with you desire...Scott is a great company.

9. Likes imxer liked this post

The Scott A4 is a great line. Looking at a 3wt for a new small stream I just found! Scott is made right down the interstate from me in CO, so I have a soft spot for them.

I have never cast the Echo's.

Randy
    “Fishing for me, as funny as it sounds, is sorta my brand of praying almost. I’m never closer to my spirituality than when I’m in the act of fishing.” - JT Van Zandt

11. Default Re: Which rod

Just purchased a Scott A4 5wt in March and I have got to say it is incredible. It casts very well all around, but definitely excels when fishing dry's. Made in the US (CO in particular) was a nice bonus too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast