Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: info on Black Diamond fly rod

1. Default info on Black Diamond fly rod

My brother in law left me a Cortland Black Diamond graphite, 8' 6" 6wt. I found little info in searching the net. A search here showed someone listing one for $125. I really love the way it fishes. I'm curious about the model's history, original price,date of manufacture, etc? Any help greatly appreciated.

Default Re: info on Black Diamond fly rod

Cortland does not roll their own blanks. It looks like it could be a GLoomis blank.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

That was before my time at Cortland but I remember them, as a customer. I suspect they were rolled either by REC or Diamondback (Diamondback private labeled some Cortland rods before Cortland purchased the brand). Cortland had some pretty good sleeper products back in the day, the CRI reels, LTD bamboo rods were all well made product. Not to even mention the early Cortland Diamondbacks.

4. Default Re: info on Black Diamond fly rod

Thanks Burk. I'd describe this as a real hidden gem. My Sage has been staying home. Could you share when you began at Cortland?

Quote Originally Posted by toonah View Post
    Thanks Burk. I'd describe this as a real hidden gem. My Sage has been staying home. Could you share when you began at Cortland?
    I started there in 2005.

I have a Black Diamond II 7'6" 4/5 wt. It's a very fast rod.
    The rod in your pics looks unused.
    ...some men go to church and think of fishing while other men go fishing and feel closer to God

7. Default Re: info on Black Diamond fly rod

This rod has a more classic trout action. It was new at the beginning of the season. I yard cast it a half dozed times or so. Fished with it three or four times.