Thomas & Thomas Rods

shimloom

Reaction score
Ok, I have tried 6 times to reach "anyone" at this company and have left messages and no one returns calls I guess. SO I will ask here to see if anyone has any info on a T&T "ES" series rod. I have a 9' 5wt that I traded a guy moons ago and had it restored. My friend found it with a Orvis reel floating in a lake and it needed some love. I gave it to my buddy at Abel and he re-wrapped it, Abel reel seat, new guides etc.. If you know of the original value of the rod and general info I would be grateful.

Craig

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
It is kind of weird. Ask anyone who is or was in the industry (at least west coast) about T&T, and the reply will be, "are they still in business?"

I just checked eBay for a past listing on a used ES 865. It sold for $225. I'm not sure what the original retail was.

Dennis

kwb

Traveler of Both Time and Space
Reaction score
What you likely have is a limited employee base as all money is being dumped into R&D right now and warranty repairs...

The two things T&T was severely lacking with past ownership...

The new T&T rods that I have fished, are some of the best rods out there today, HUGE improvements have been made...

trevor.bross@thomasandthomas.com is the best option to contact them...

I don't care what rod company it is, response on a question such as yours would not be extremely fast. Orvis likely being the only one whom would ever be fast about something in that matter...

djamtime

Reaction score
That is weird. I have called them twice and had great conversations with intelligent human beings on both occasions. Dont know where you are from but T&T is in mass. Are you calling during business hours? Hope you are able to reach them.

shimloom

Reaction score
I have called them during business hours 6 times. Left a voice mail in there general mail box (3 weeks ago). Left a message today and no response. maybe it's just me.

Craig

kwb

Reaction score
The ES series retailed for around $275.00 in that model...

Hope that helps

Last edited:

shimloom

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the answers. Got a call today from T&T and got some additional info on the rod. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but work has been keeping me busy.

Craig

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear they made contact, I use the Ard rule when thinking T&T rods. Never cheap even at the entry level...................

kwb

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the answers. Got a call today from T&T and got some additional info on the rod. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but work has been keeping me busy.

Craig
I was razzing you with the sarcastic thank you by the way. Hence the "cool" face, had too much time on my hands yesterday LOL stuck in the office dreaming of being on the river...

Sometimes hard to show in writing what is merely joking and anger so to speak...

Did they tell you roughly $275.00?

The info I found online stated they ranged from $275.00 to $375.00 when new and I just assumed the Trout rods would have been on the cheaper end of that spectrum and the SW rods on the higher end...

shimloom

Reaction score
I talked to Trevor and he told me that the ES series are very similar to their Horizon series, perhaps a little faster. They sold for around $175.00 to $ 225.00. Anyway it was nice to here from him and get it figured out.

Craig