Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Which one piece 8 weight rod? The hardy proaxis or g loomis nrx

1. Default Which one piece 8 weight rod? The hardy proaxis or g loomis nrx

I live right by the beach at cheasapeake bay. Which one?

Default Re: Which one piece 8 weight rod? The hardy proaxis or g loomis nrx

Why not the hardy Zenith? It's the only one I've researched but I really like what I've heard.
    "I cast my hook into a single stream; but my pleasure is as if I owned a kingdom." - Chi K'ang (223-262)

Tough question requiring a side by side for sure. I own the Proaxis and NRX in 8-weight but the 4-pc. models. Both are powerhouses but with distinctly separate personalities. The NRX surely has a softer tip facilitating in close shots with feeling, useful sometimes flats fishing. The Hardy throws very tight loops and is less line-temperamental than the Loomis. My experience with trout size Zeniths is the one piece models are dramatically different from the 4-piece versions...they are in fact re-designs, but I have yet to cast a one piece NRX...it too has to be great. I have a 4-piece Zenith 8 1/2'/#4 which I really like but after casting the 8'10"/#4 one-piece, it is SO much superior!

I have 8wt Zenith 4pcs and used to have the 7wt as well. They cast great even for a new caster like me. What I really like about the Zenith is the stiff but sensitive tip. I just can't imagine how much better the 1pc 8wt Zenith is in the hand of better and experience casters like you guys.
    P.S. The 8wt Zenith doesn't like <20ft cast, you'd better roll cast for that distance or Bow/Arrow.

I use exclusively Shimano for spin and casting gears, but never like the Gloomis. I think they are just over priced.
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

5. Default Re: Which one piece 8 weight rod? The hardy proaxis or g loomis nrx

Thanks for your replies, i saw a review of the proaxis 1 piece on yellowstone angler. It said it was the best rod ever built but they didnt have the chance to review the 1 piece nrx yet. Any reviews on the 1 piece nrx. Was wondering how it would stack up against the proaxis 1 piece.