Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Winston has ruined me!!

I started of with a Martin $29 rod/reel combo set and everything was great. Then came a Beulah Platinum Spey Rod and a Winston 4wt 10' fly rod and it was all over. Now I'm a spoiled brat...I hate myself.

Well...there is always the new Boron III LS...

IFTD Day 2 - Running Line - American Angler Magazine

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, " How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries

LOL I actually remember driving past the Winston shop in Montana a few years ago. I stopped and looked and was horrified at the price. I thought to my self what kind of person would really pay this much for a stupid fly rod. And began to think it was just those rich guys that have more money than brains.

Yeaaaa.... Now I cant wait to get another Winston... and Im taking back everything I thought at the time. I knew there were entry level rods and then there were nice rods but I did not ever believe that there would be such a huge difference!!

Makes me want to pick up a few G-Loomis and Sage rods to give them a try.
    "A good cast is like a good whiskey- It's smooth and hits the spot" -Anonymous fly fishing guide

4. Likes yonder liked this post

Not to steer this off topic...but what is the Boron III LS? A quick google search only shows where Winston filed to a patent to trademark the name.

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisher117 View Post
    LOL I actually remember driving past the Winston shop in Montana a few years ago. I stopped and looked and was horrified at the price. I thought to my self what kind of person would really pay this much for a stupid fly rod. And began to think it was just those rich guys that have more money than brains.

Yeaaaa.... Now I cant wait to get another Winston... and Im taking back everything I thought at the time. I knew there were entry level rods and then there were nice rods but I did not ever believe that there would be such a huge difference!!

Makes me want to pick up a few G-Loomis and Sage rods to give them a try.
    I was afraid someone was going to post something like this..........so now, I will go ahead and plunge.......head first.....off the deep end..........no turning back now..........I'm ruined..........
    yonder

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yonder View Post
    I was afraid someone was going to post something like this..........so now, I will go ahead and plunge.......head first.....off the deep end..........no turning back now..........I'm ruined..........

HAHA Everyone told me when I got my first AR-15 I would want more because they are addicting, well I only really want one more. I wish I could say the same about fly rods. I just need a few different ones to cover a variety of fish species and fishing situations.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fireroad View Post
    Not to steer this off topic...but what is the Boron III LS? A quick google search only shows where Winston filed to a patent to trademark the name.
    No clue on my end, I know the Boron III SX is the super fast action but I dont have any idea what the LS means. Sure someone else knows more.
    "A good cast is like a good whiskey- It's smooth and hits the spot" -Anonymous fly fishing guide

You guys think you have it bad? I'm a 17 year old high school student (jobless to boot) and when I cast the BIIt last year I fell in love with its silky smooth medium action and roll casting abilities. So much so that I saved up all my money and bought one.

I once swore to myself I'd never drop more than $200 on a fly rod, as the extra 10% of performance wasn't worth the huge price increase. Boy was I wrong!

9. Likes yonder, haligator liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisher117 View Post
    No clue on my end, I know the Boron III SX is the super fast action but I dont have any idea what the LS means. Sure someone else knows more.
    Hopefully the LS stands for "light and smooth" and not "limp stick"

I'll throw out an (un)educated guess that it's the replacement for the Boron IIt...

11. Likes flyfisher117 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    You guys think you have it bad? I'm a 17 year old high school student (jobless to boot) and when I cast the BIIt last year I fell in love with its silky smooth medium action and roll casting abilities. So much so that I saved up all my money and bought one.

I once swore to myself I'd never drop more than $200 on a fly rod, as the extra 10% of performance wasn't worth the huge price increase. Boy was I wrong!
    It only gets worse when your 19 and paying for college. Work all summer, save up a little money, then blow it all on tuition.

Hopefully the LS stands for "light and smooth" and not "limp stick"
    I think you owe me a new keyboard..

13. Likes fireroad, yonder liked this post

I could easily see a classy older guy like myself with a Winston...I really can.
    I find my meal by finding my meal's meal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast