Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sage Method 8-weight Fly Rod

Default Re: Sage Method 8-weight Fly Rod

I've been a long time sage customer and currently own 3 sage models, two z-axis rods and a VXP. I have to say I am very dissapointed that sage is moving away from number & letter designations such as tcx, txl-f, zxl, vxp, 99, Xi3. I don't think I'll ever be able to get on board with sage giving rods actual names. I wonder If I am the only one that feels this way :/

Its not a huge deal obviously, but for those of us that appreciate tradition in the sport, sage's number/letter designations for rod designs has always been a nice and unique feature of their rods charm. Anyway, my two cents.

2. Likes jaybo41 liked this post

I have a spey 9wt TCX and have yet to test the waters with it but I will during this years salmon season! Also have a 6wt switch and plan on getting the 5 and 7 wt TCX's before they are sold no more. Great fast action rods. I dont care about color I would even fish a pink rod if I had to, but I will be trying out the method when it comes out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thenewlushlife View Post
    I've been a long time sage customer and currently own 3 sage models, two z-axis rods and a VXP. I have to say I am very dissapointed that sage is moving away from number & letter designations such as tcx, txl-f, zxl, vxp, 99, Xi3. I don't think I'll ever be able to get on board with sage giving rods actual names. I wonder If I am the only one that feels this way :/

Its not a huge deal obviously, but for those of us that appreciate tradition in the sport, sage's number/letter designations for rod designs has always been a nice and unique feature of their rods charm. Anyway, my two cents.
    I'm with you on this. I've always enjoyed the alphanumeric naming designations Sage has given to their rods over the years. Like you, not a deal breaker. I'm less concerned with the names as I am them continuing to make rods that I enjoy fishing. Lord knows I've got enough of the older models to keep me busy for a while
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

Quote Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
    I'm with you on this. I've always enjoyed the alphanumeric naming designations Sage has given to their rods over the years. Like you, not a deal breaker. I'm less concerned with the names as I am them continuing to make rods that I enjoy fishing. Lord knows I've got enough of the older models to keep me busy for a while
    Just so I understand, it's a letters/symbols vs. words thing?
    Cheers,
    --Rob

Quote Originally Posted by thenewlushlife View Post

This isn't exactly new for Sage. You can go back and find rods such as the Launch, Flight and Vantage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by biggie_robs View Post
    Just so I understand, it's a letters/symbols vs. words thing?
    Probably more my OCD coming into play than anything else. While I'd prefer the older style naming convention, it's not in any way a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
    This isn't exactly new for Sage. You can go back and find rods such as the Launch, Flight and Vantage.
    Good point. Those may actually be the first rods that started the trend.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

But at the same time with the vantage and flight they had the TCX, Xi3, 99, etc. Maybe they were priming us for the change
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Quote Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
    However all those sage models you mentioned are all sage's low end and beginner models. They have done that for some time, They're flagship models have always remained alphanumeric.

Are not Z-Axis and ONE names?

right, the ONE is the beginning and part of this new name designation trend. The z-axis seemed like the exception to the rule b/c its not just a name designation hence the Z-. Trying to get technical and spark an argument is silly sweetsalt. There are are simply some of us that don't appreciate the direction sage is going with their rod names, period.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast