Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on 6 wt rods?

Default Re: Opinions on 6 wt rods?

Check the Redington Predator $249
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

2. Likes bmbailes liked this post

I personally will never use one. Also, I have come to realize that most fly fisherman are either and "Even man" or an "Odd man", 2-4-6-8-10/3-5-7-9-11. Me personally being an "odd man"!
    ~ Put backing on your line... Even if you never use it, it helps you dream.

Years ago over here 7wts were the go however with The new Hi-Modulus Graphite nearly everyone has gone to 6wts.
    Even though 5wts are good I prefer the 6wt Rods as I feel they handle The Larger Fish Better.
    I still have 7wts as well as 2,3,4,5,6,8 & 9 wts as well so I am an odds & evens guy.
    On my next trip to Alaska I'll be taking a 7wt Titanium & 8 wt.
    Brian.

I recently purchased a used Sage Flight 7wt 9ft that is nice to use and reasonably priced.
    barham

Quote Originally Posted by mbchilton View Post
    Sage RPL+ 9' 6wt. It's what I went with, and am very happy I did. They'll go for $150-$225. Stiff enough to cut through heavy wind, and can be up lined to #7.
    I have a couple of RPLs in 590 and 690 and love both. The 690-2 was one of my go to rods but my 4 piece rods are more practical for hiking in the backwoods. I line the 690 with a Lamson Velocity 2.0 and a GPX WF6F. Keeps me happy.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

i'm neither an odd or even wt. rod guy...i like them all however, i have to say that i have honestly used my 6 wts. in every water type with success and fun! it will throw smaller bugs to trout and panfish and you don't loose the fight. it throws bass bugs and streamers easily. and it can throw lots of saltwater stuff to inshore trout. besides 2 8wts., the 6wt. is what i own multiple setups of. they are very versatile, my favorite being the redington predator.

Quote Originally Posted by tbum2020 View Post
    I personally will never use one. Also, I have come to realize that most fly fisherman are either and "Even man" or an "Odd man", 2-4-6-8-10/3-5-7-9-11. Me personally being an "odd man"!
    I hadn't heard that, personally I have one three weight, one four weight., three 5 weights, three six weights and an eight weight not counting some old fiberglass rods. I fish the 3, 4, 5's a lot, the six occasionally and last time for the eight was 1989.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12