Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 3 wt question/advice needed.

Thank you for the advice fellas, After sleeping on it I do think the 763 would be the way to go.

@jaybo41:not so enamored with the superfine, just can get a good deal rod/reel(cfo) combo for under 500 new. I've also been toying with the idea of picking up a sage/abel (trout/creek) instead at my local shop.. Luckly I have a sweet fly shop (chicago fly fishing outfitters) not too far from me that have been awesome.

decisions...decisions... I can thank my cousin for getting me addicted.. took me out to western wi, spent about 12 hours wet wading a few streams/creeks.. good times.

2. Likes jaybo41, mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Absolutely, go to Chifly. Those guys will take care of you and steer you in the right direction.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

yes the 7'6" is easily the right choice, once you go below that length, your left with very little line control on the drift, to be honest if I were you I would get the 8 or 8 1/2 footer. You will have better line control, longer casting ability, and will still be able to fish the tightest qaurters. When roll casts and single hand spey techniques eventually enter the eqaution nothing wil stop you. My vote is for the 8' 3 weight SPT. Either way good luck and enjoy the rod I just fished my 8' 4 weight 2 nights ago and caught a bunch of beautiful fish and enjoyed some crazy fights. If you learn to cast this rod properly as a beginner you will be able to cast anything, this rod is good at exposing angler's casting errors. Have fun

5. Likes jaybo41 liked this post

I have a 7'6 3wt and a couple 9' 3wts and when able I will go for the longer choice. The 7'6 is great for tight quarters and even on the tightest stretches I have never wished it to be shorter.

7. Likes acniemeyer liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12