New USA made Allen Xa2 releasing next week!

allenflyfishing

Business Member
Reaction score
In our commitment to producing as many products as possible in the USA, we are finishing up development and moving to production on our new Xa2 series fly rods!

Our Xa2 blanks are 100% rolled in the USA. They are wrapped and built in small batches by master craftsmen, and packaged in a sturdy aluminum tube.

The Xa2 blank features a similar med-fast action as its predecessor with a few improvements. If you were at all a fan of the original Xa, you're going to be even more pleased with this series.

This series will be offered in the following sizes:

3wt 6'6."
4wt 8'.6"
4wt 10'
5wt 9'
6wt 9'
7wt 10'
8wt 9'

If you have any additional questions regarding this rod or any of our other products, don't hesitate to contact us! Contact - Allen Fly Fishing Store

Last edited:

allenflyfishing

Business Member
Reaction score
100 % rolled in the U.S.A. is great. Where does the material your rolling come from?
It's material from the US. However, the source is proprietary to us as it is with any mfg. Also, our Omega reel is US made we are releasing. That is being made in Detroit, MI. My home state.

Thank you

Justin

allenflyfishing

Business Member
Reaction score
Awesome!!! I hope you sell a lot of them.

Dennis
Thanks Dennis! We have put up a good investment to make these moves. We enjoy and our proud of all of our products. Just feels good to have a variety in our brand to strengthen our future success and show our commitment for our customers and those in the future.

Thank you,

Justin

allenflyfishing

Business Member
Reaction score
beautiful rod Justin & I like the fact that the 4wt is available in a 10'! Can you give us an idea on price?
Hi Vance,

We are going to be within the price range of $299 to $349. the 4wt 10' was the first of the proto's me made. The feedback on the rod's has been great from those that have some of our prototypes.

Thanks

Justin

TeddyBallgame09

Reaction score
Congrats, Justin et al!
I have an Alpha II that I love and will be purchasing my next reel from you guys early in '14...possibly a Kraken. Need something that'll perfectly balance an Orvis Access 9' 9wt.
You guys are doing it right, Justin...hard work PAYS OFF! Keep it up!

M

mridenour

Exciting news! Looks beautiful...the 10' 7wt is calling my name. I think it will be my next rod purchase after the first of the year.

rockriver

Reaction score
It's material from the US. However, the source is proprietary to us as it is with any mfg. Also, our Omega reel is US made we are releasing. That is being made in Detroit, MI. My home state.

Thank you

Justin
Thank you. Sounds fantastic and I will be checking them out. Home brewed here in Michigan.

comeonavs

Reaction score
Well since you sold me a few Trout II Reels at the fly fishing show in Denver last January I hope you bring a few Xa2 to the show this year.

Thinking I would need to give that 10' 4wt a wiggle at the casting pond.

allenflyfishing

Business Member
Reaction score
Well since you sold me a few Trout II Reels at the fly fishing show in Denver last January I hope you bring a few Xa2 to the show this year.

Thinking I would need to give that 10' 4wt a wiggle at the casting pond.
Yes, we will have them at the show. This Thursday will be the official release. Here is another photo

horsehead

Reaction score
Having just purchased two Allen reels in the past week and about 250 hooks, I'm more than convinced of your quality and commitment to customer service. Definitely got yourself a repeat customer here! Keep up the good work!!! Beautiful rods, love the blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk