Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Best 10' 3wt option?

1. Default Best 10' 3wt option?

Im keen to try "nymphing",looking for something reasonably light in hand.I notice not much casting is done.What is out there.Price anywhere from mid to top end.

Default Re: Best 10' 3wt option?

Quote Originally Posted by saflyfish View Post
    Im keen to try "nymphing",looking for something reasonably light in hand.I notice not much casting is done.What is out there.Price anywhere from mid to top end.
    I'm very impressed by the Allen Icon 10' 3wt. Justin and Evan have this rod dialed in perfectly to my casting style, so that's why i bought it. Joni has a 10' wt. that is just as good I think, but that's another story.
    The 3wt. is light, snappy and can chuck 80' (indoors- I haven't had to distance cast it more than 50' outside) when pushed without collapsing.
    And up close using her furled leader, is outstanding.
    Now this was last week on a lake sitting in a kick boat. I think this rod along with my Scott F2 6'6" glass is about all I need for lakes, rivers and small streams in our area (Utah, Idaho, Montana)
    So in essence, dries, nymphs, chironos, small streamers it's an ideal rod.
    Built here in Utah, not overseas.
    And for the price, it doesn't get better than this.

Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I'm very impressed by the Allen Icon 10' 3wt. Justin and Evan have this rod dialed in perfectly to my casting style, so that's why i bought it. Joni has a 10' wt. that is just as good I think, but that's another story.
    The 3wt. is light, snappy and can chuck 80' (indoors- I haven't had to distance cast it more than 50' outside) when pushed without collapsing.
    And up close using her furled leader, is outstanding.
    Now this was last week on a lake sitting in a kick boat. I think this rod along with my Scott F2 6'6" glass is about all I need for lakes, rivers and small streams in our area (Utah, Idaho, Montana)
    So in essence, dries, nymphs, chironos, small streamers it's an ideal rod.
    Built here in Utah, not overseas.
    And for the price, it doesn't get better than this.

Mojo I am going to need your adress so I can invoice you for 1/2 the cost of an Allen ICON 10' 3wt. I love my ICON 10' 4wt, and everytime I convince myself I don't need the matching 3wt you chime in loving yours and the process in my brain starts all over again.

If I buy one I will place the blame squarely on you with my wife.....if Joanna calls you hang up immediately.
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
    Mojo I am going to need your adress so I can invoice you for 1/2 the cost of an Allen ICON 10' 3wt. I love my ICON 10' 4wt, and everytime I convince myself I don't need the matching 3wt you chime in loving yours and the process in my brain starts all over again.

If I buy one I will place the blame squarely on you with my wife.....if Joanna calls you hang up immediately.
    It seems like you're gonna have to pay for it all this time. Now see, you're saying the same thing about the 4 wt. Joni lets me cast hers when ever I want, but when it comes to fishing it, it's another story. I may be ordering a 4wt. now because of what you just said........
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    It seems like you're gonna have to pay for it all this time. Now see, you're saying the same thing about the 4 wt. Joni lets me cast hers when ever I want, but when it comes to fishing it, it's another story. I may be ordering a 4wt. now because of what you just said........
    I guess by that logic we are even..... Fair enough.
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson