Sage VXP opinions?

kgrant

Reaction score
I Have an opportunity to buy a Vxp 5wt at a really good price. however I know nothing about the Rod and cant find any solid reviews on it or anything besides the red description. Does any one have any experience with the Vxp and if so what are your thoughts and opinions. Thanks for taking the time to look.
Respectfully,Grant

comeonavs

Reaction score
Never used on personally but there are quite a few reviews/comments on that rod here. Most people really like it. If memory serves the VXP is a remake of the legendary Sage XP just with newer technology.

I highly doubt you would be disappointed in the rod

duker

Reaction score
Do a search and you'll find a few threads on this rod. I've got an 8 weight and love it.

Scott

kgrant

Reaction score
I can not find any Threads on the XVP. could you post a couple of the links for me? do you think it would be a good beginner rod?

jaybo41

Reaction score
When you can't find any hits using the search feature here on the forum, don't overlook Google.

Let me google that for you

I've fished a buddy's 10ft 7wt and it's really a wonderful Rod. A lot of rod for the money is how I'd describe it. Very smooth with plenty of power. One of our posters here, thenewlushlife has written extensively about this rod. You may find his opinions on the series to be helpful. His experiences with the rods are more comprehensive than the experience I have with VXP but comparing notes his writings seem very accurate and consistent with what I found. You could always send him a note too.

The thing about fly rods though is that one man's trash is another's treasure. A rod may be described as being outstanding by many but you might find it doesn't suit you well. If you have the chance to cast a rod before buying it, I would highly recommend it. Hence my previous suggestion to buy your first rod from your local shop.

kgrant

Reaction score
Thanks Jay. Haha that link was hilarious I feel dumb for not using google for the forum and the rod together. That is my plan to cast it before buying. I will have to search for his posts nad read it once again thankyou.

jaybo41

Reaction score
LOL no problem. I was hoping that it came off with some humor as opposed to coming across like a smarmy jerk. I discovered using Google to search the forum here by accident when doing research on tackle. Sometimes it's just easier than using the search here, the hits I've found are better and easier to sort though.

Happy reading.

comeonavs

Reaction score
LOL no problem. I was hoping that it came off with some humor as opposed to coming across like a smarmy jerk. I discovered using Google to search the forum here by accident when doing research on tackle. Sometimes it's just easier than using the search here, the hits I've found are better and easier to sort though.

Happy reading.
It is amazing how often I google NAFF XXXX review