A couple rods popular for sale

eastfly66

Reaction score
I spotted these used rods and thought I might pass it along here.

A Sage One 905 for $400 and a couple Orvis " All Rounder" for $125/150 (Early 1980's).

I can vouch for the vendor (as can others on this site) , when they say "Excellent Condition" , it is near brand new and they have a excellent trade in program.

Used & Clearance Fly Fishing Equipment -* UpCountry Sportfishing on the Farmington River

There is also a G2 8'8" #5

It is a good thing the shop is a 2 hour drive for me , my common sense does not always prevail.

runningfish

Reaction score
"It is a good thing the shop is a 2 hour drive for me , my common sense does not always prevail"

Or 2 clicks away and my common sense doesn't always prevail either.
Bad Santa....bad Santa!!!

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
"It is a good thing the shop is a 2 hour drive for me , my common sense does not always prevail"

Or 2 clicks away and my common sense doesn't always prevail either.
Bad Santa....bad Santa!!!
When it comes to purchasing 'fly fishing gear' there's almost zero available here in Southern Oregon. Speed dial on my cell phone takes me to a large shop east of Portland.

Words of 'terror,' 'We don't need your credit card number Fred, we have it on file.':secret:

eastfly66

Reaction score
Hmmm?? A 7-weight in among the 6-weights... Well, the two "vintage" Orvis rods are of the "Graphites" class, and I don't have a 7-weight... And, I do take the occasional "deep-woods lake trip" with one of my cronies from time to time... And, the lake does have a lot of bass in it...

eastfly66... If I end up buying another rod because of your post, I'm giving "The Speaker of the House" your e-mail address!!!

Jerry, aka hairwing530
I thought of you and Ard when I spotted the 2 Orvis. I believe Ard prefers the pre 1980 series with the down locking seat. If I recall Jerry they called them "excellent condition " if that is so they are probably like new. If you email they are pretty quick to respond even off hours and Grady seems to be an early riser like us , he has replied to me at 0500 before.

No Problem , I will be happy to smooth it over with Debbi for you ! :D

BTW : if you click on the photo it will give you a close up.

fr8dog

Reaction score
With all due respect, are these folks legit? I've not seen this site before and there's a couple things I'm looking at. I'm pretty sure if you guys post it up, it's OK. Just ease my mind.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
I should opine that despite the retro popularity of early Orvis graphite rods, the All Rounder is not the sweet spot that the Far&Fine and Trout (especially the rare 3-pc. version) were.

eastfly66

Reaction score
With all due respect, are these folks legit? I've not seen this site before and there's a couple things I'm looking at. I'm pretty sure if you guys post it up, it's OK. Just ease my mind.
Yes, they are the real deal.