Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What's happening to Hardy

I hadn't been on their website in a while but I'm in the market for a short small stream rod and was interested in an Aln or Flyweight rod. But they don't list them anymore. Or a lot of other stuff for that matter.

I hope Pure Fishing isn't gutting the company

Default Re: What's happening to Hardy

There was a similar discussion on another forum. Someone in that conversation who lives in South Carolina (where Pure Fishing is headquartered) confirmed that the Classic Series fly rods are discontinued. Hopefully they are working on a new series.

On the other hand, you should probably be able to find those rods at online dealers who may be willing to offer a discount.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Well if you really want to spend the dime/time here's a 'clickie-clicky' thing that shows all the Hardy dealers.

Hardy Fly - Find A Dealer
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

4. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by rfb700 View Post
    Pure Fishing is now owned by the global consumer group Jarden Corp. Jarden well known for "Crock-Pot, Mr. Coffee, Bionaire, Coleman, Abu Garcia and many other products acquired Pure. The list of products is endless. I don't see Hardy on the list and may not be of high importance to their bottom line. I would expect to see more of Hardy's line thinned out. Hopefully I won't see my Perfects on the shelves at WalMart !
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

6. Likes smilingduck, mcnerney liked this post

I have "heard" Hardy has new rods and reels about to come out. We will learn much more as the Show season gets under way next month. I too hope not to see the Hardy brand at Wall-Mart et al either, however, under giant corporate ownership I can not imagine it retaining its historic panache.

Not my old Hardy reels but I have already, subconsciously, begun to feel differently about my current Hardy tackle like Zenith and Ultra Lite DD. I have enjoyed fishing and have extoled the virtues of these products but am not considering the acquisition of ANY new Hardy brand equipment until such time as new ownership/management convincingly establishes continuity of the historic character, values and quality of this vaunted brand moving forward. As much as I genuinely like them, I have found myself not reaching for my Zenith #4 or 5 as regularly as I previously had.

For what its worth, this is the time of the year traditionally that companies have already closed out discontinued products and have not yet released the new or updated line yet. Perhaps that's whats going on here?

9. Likes fly_guy12955 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by troutnut4 View Post
    Pure Fishing is now owned by the global consumer group Jarden Corp. Hopefully I won't see my Perfects on the shelves at WalMart !

Good Grief Let's just hope they don't put "Made In Alnwick England" on the dam things. I truly enjoy my Perfect but the thought of it becoming a "one summer reel" before falling apart makes me cringe!

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

11. Likes troutnut4 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by rfb700 View Post
    I hadn't been on their website in a while but I'm in the market for a short small stream rod and was interested in an Aln or Flyweight rod. But they don't list them anymore. Or a lot of other stuff for that matter.

The UK version of their website has quite a different product mix.
    No idea really what's going on, but I'd be very interested to know what percentage of their business is in Europe compared to here.
    I sort of suspect that we're not the big dog on the income statement.

As to your original post, you should check ebay. I scored a Featherweight not too long ago. They've changed the reel seat a bit, I like the older one I got more than what I'm seeing right now.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by troutnut4 View Post
    Pure Fishing is now owned by the global consumer group Jarden Corp. Jarden well known for "Crock-Pot, Mr. Coffee, Bionaire, Coleman, Abu Garcia and many other products acquired Pure. The list of products is endless. I don't see Hardy on the list and may not be of high importance to their bottom line. I would expect to see more of Hardy's line thinned out. Hopefully I won't see my Perfects on the shelves at WalMart !
    If they use the same manufacturing process would it being sold at Walmart make it less of a beloved fly rod?

14. Likes eastfly66 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by userx View Post
    If they use the same manufacturing process would it being sold at Walmart make it less of a beloved fly rod?
    As I see it, they can't use the same manufacturing process and sell at WalMart pricing. Quality will suffer with the use of cheaper materials and less attention to detail. Mass production and hand made result in a different end product. I do like the Korean produced Zenith and Hardy Lightweight series reels but do hold the U.K. produced products to a higher level in my eyes and far more collectable, if you are into that sort of thing.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

16. Likes shifty242 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast