Loomis Whisper Creek series

1spd1way

Reaction score
I am waiting for delivery of an 8'6" 4 wt. and wanted to know who has one and how do you like it....:)

jpgodf

Reaction score
The waiting is the worst!
I don't know the Whisper Creek, but I do know Loomis makes some of the best.
Your wait will be worth it!

JP

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
I have that same size in the Streamdance GLX HLS series and it is a terrific rod. OK, yesterday's tech but it has yet to be replicated in the new, superior, NRX technology. The only real competitors in this size and action are the Sage Circa and Orvis H2. A case can be made for the Circa, not H2, but I still prefer the GLX. But I will sample the Douglas Upstream this season which could be a dark horse in the small, delicate rod arena.

onthehunt

Reaction score
I have that same size in the Streamdance GLX HLS series and it is a terrific rod. OK, yesterday's tech but it has yet to be replicated in the new, superior, NRX technology. The only real competitors in this size and action are the Sage Circa and Orvis H2. A case can be made for the Circa, not H2, but I still prefer the GLX. But I will sample the Douglas Upstream this season which could be a dark horse in the small, delicate rod arena.

Are you not a fan of the Biii-LS?

I have the exact rod mentioned and it is a sweetie! I will have it out, along with the 7'9"- 3wt. this week!

killem

Reaction score
I bought the 9" 4wt streamdance, and now I get to wait for it as well. The RR reel as well...waiting SUCKS!

1spd1way

Reaction score
I fished bamboo all last year. Kinda wondering about the switch back to graphite....

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Hunt, All my older Winston's are retired, my newest one is an 8 1/2' (aren't all Winston's this length?) /#4 BIIx. Waiting for its undulating tip to recover is like watching paint dry. There are zero Winston rods in my active quivers but my wife has a WT3 #6 with a matching green Vosseler reel that she enjoys.

1, If I may, I never look at angling life as going from cane to carbon or the reverse. Rather I think of cane as the optimal material to build little rods out of. 6 1/2 or 7' graphite's, though there are a few good ones, rarely have the adroit handling and responsiveness of good cane in such sizes. Also cane rods are rarely matched with the diminutive line weights the little graphite's are. Give me a 7'/#5 bamboo over a 7'/#3 graphite for tiny stream fishing any day. But if we are going longer than 8 feet (with the exception of a certain 8' 3" custom hollow built cane rod), then graphite starts coming into its own. It is a matter of the right rod of the optimal material and design for a given environment.

1spd1way

Reaction score
Thanks, S+S, for the thoughts.
I have been spoiled with some good (really good) cane rods.
One is my Grandfather's F.E. Thomas 8'3" (I am using a 5 wt line on it).
The other is a 7'6" 4wt. custom built Tracy.
Each has me leaving graphite in the closet. Thomas for the still water and the Tracy for small streams.
Blessed, I say, just blessed.

1spd1way

Reaction score
Wow. I think I'm gonna like this. Muted green. Nicely appointed. Not a fan of the reels seat, but don't look at it often while fishing.

It's got a great wiggle.