Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
  1. Default Beulah platinum single hand 997

I'm thinking about getting this as a drift boat indicator rod and a light duty steelhead rod. Any thoughts? I believe it's newer for this line up.

I really want a longer than 9 foot rod and a heavier than 5 weight rod for indicator type rigs. We fish the lower sac and the yuba River frequently from a drift boat so lots of mending and water haul casting. Thanks

2. Default Re: Beulah platinum single hand 997

Beuller.......?

3. Likes myt1 liked this post

Default Re: Beulah platinum single hand 997

No specific info but you will have a hard time finding many Beulah owners that are not pleased. I have their base model spey rod (Classic). The quality of the cork and hardware makes my other rods look cheap. Ard has had his hands on a few Beulah rods and is a fan as well.

5. Likes coolkyle liked this post

Can't comment on the Beulah, but can say that configuration is great for both windy day nymphing and medium sized (up to 3" of rabbit) streamers. I use a Loop Multi 796 with SA Magnum, it's great for big rivers.

7. Default Re: Beulah platinum single hand 997

Quote Originally Posted by coolkyle View Post
    Can't comment on the Beulah, but can say that configuration is great for both windy day nymphing and medium sized (up to 3" of rabbit) streamers. I use a Loop Multi 796 with SA Magnum, it's great for big rivers.
    Is that magnum a floating line?

Yes, it comes in floating and it will really throw big flies with minimal backcast room.

I have no experience for Beulah single hand rods, but I've had 3 Beulah double hand and in the process of getting the 4th one. The Platinum blanks have good tapers and light too. but again I am basing my opinion on their double hand rods.

The build quality is really good, aesthetically matches Bob Meiser custom rods.
    PM me if you want Beulah rep email.
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

Heard nothing but great things about Beulah rods. I started using a Sage 99 and 10' rods for indy fishing. So much better than a 9 footer.