Stickman T10

eastfly66

Reaction score
Stickman has released 2 new rods in 10 weight both 9 footers.

Stickman Rods - Fly-rods

I have the T10 not the T10s version and have fished it in the surf a few times here in New England. I have it matched with a Airflo Striper Ridge 9 int. but feel it is better with the Rio Striper 10 Int. to deal with the wind & some of the larger flies.There is also a Cortland SW 333 #10 floater that matches well but I have not fished it. As a ten weight I find it surprisingly comfortable for the repetitive casting for fishing the surf. The rod loads quickly and has some serious power but not a bear to cast. Matched with the Airflo line I think it will be a nice rod for the flats. More to come but I already am certain punching into the wind with it is no problem. Hopefully, someone that travels for permit and such will have one and contribute. This is a fast rod , no question there.

clogrennane

Reaction score
Stickman has released 2 new rods in 10 weight both 9 footers.

Stickman Rods - Fly-rods

I have the T10 not the T10s version and have fished it in the surf a few times here in New England. I have it matched with a Airflo Striper Ridge 9 int. but feel it is better with the Rio Striper 10 Int. to deal with the wind & some of the larger flies.There is also a Cortland SW 333 #10 floater that matches well but I have not fished it. As a ten weight I find it surprisingly comfortable for the repetitive casting for fishing the surf. The rod loads quickly and has some serious power but not a bear to cast. Matched with the Airflo line I think it will be a nice rod for the flats. More to come but I already am certain punching into the wind with it is no problem. Hopefully, someone that travels for permit and such will have one and contribute. This is a fast rod , no question there.
Hi East Fly. Just touching base as to how you’re getting on with the T10. I have a T7 and T8 and love them I’m now looking at a T9 or T10 and just looking for your thoughts on the 10.

eastfly66

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I am very pleased with the T10 and found the Airflo Striper 10 to be a perfect match. It is not over the top stiff like many 10 weights and lighter than the 9 weights I've owned or tried out. I did a lot of casting in the surf when I went out last season, probably more than needed but I'm still learning to read the beach. The thing is the rod is not a bear to cast all day but has the balls to reach out and cast closer which is where I should have been fishing anyway. :) I am curious what Akos will say about the difference between the 9 & 10. I should add I didn't like it with the Rio Striper 10 int. I think the head is shorter and weight more compact, didn't like the line when it got warm either. Other rods I compared it to were nrx, meridian, Salt (old version) and exocett. All nice rods but i like the Stickman better.

and yes, I am reversing my opinion on the Rio Striper line.

Last edited: