Hardy Zephrus

barham

Reaction score
I own the 9ft 5wt; it is probably my favorite trout rod. I also own a Loop Optistream, Winston B3x, Loomis GLX LP, Mystic Reaper, Sage Zaxis and ZLX and other rods in that size and weight.
barham

brownbass

Reaction score
I own the 9ft 5wt; it is probably my favorite trout rod. I also own a Loop Optistream, Winston B3x, Loomis GLX LP, Mystic Reaper, Sage Zaxis and ZLX and other rods in that size and weight.
barham[/QUOT

How would you compare the Loop to the Zephrus? Same with the Mystic.

Bill

barham

Reaction score
Its really hard to say. I only recently acquired the Loop and have not fished it; it seems a little softer than the Zephrus. The Reaper is really nice and also softer than the Zephrus. For the money, the Reaper and Aetos are hard to beat.
Hope that helps,
barham

brownbass

Reaction score
I walked into Feathercraft sure I was going to walk out with a Zephrus, and instead walked out with an NRX LP. Despite a good crosswind, I was able to hit the target easier than with the Zephrus or Sky. I was a little taken by the ease the NRX was able to pull it off and when I reached out as far as I was limited, about 45 feet, it still was better at it than either of the other rods. This rod will be great on the rivers I fish and I have a great 5 weight for summer dries.

Bill