Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Recommendation please

1. Default Recommendation please

Kinda of been searching the internet, and have not really found what I was looking for. I am looking for a 2 pc. 8'6" 3wt. rod.

Not wanting to break the bank but my wallet says it can spend up to $500.00.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Default Re: Recommendation please

Try one of orvis' superfine rods, although i'm not sure they make them in 2 piece.

Also, go look at temple fork outfitter's site, they have lots of rods and, although i haven't used one, supposedly a lot of great value for your money. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
    Craig Lancaster
    Statesville, NC

www.backpackingangler.com

3. Default Re: Recommendation please

Thanks, I will give them a look.

Default Re: Recommendation please

Orvis have all their Zero Gravity rods for $200 or more off. Most are $450-475.

Default Re: Recommendation please

I had Welcome to RDP FlyRods; Custom Fly Rods build me up a 3 - 4 wt 2pc 9' and the rod was really fun and very affordable $95. I would recommend his guarantee as an addition. The butt section broke (My fault) and I had to toss the rod. But it was really fun for Missouri Bluegill ponds. Originally I bought a rod of his 0n EBAY and still have it. 7'6" 3wt 3pc. I now have been buying and trying rods on EBAY. I have tested 4 rods plan on two more and then selling them all back (but one) come next spring. End of summer is a great time to pick up rods.

6. Default Re: Recommendation please

I have a zero gravity rod, although it's a helios, and i love it. I didn't realize they had them on sale, if they have one in your size i would go for that.
    Craig Lancaster
    Statesville, NC

www.backpackingangler.com