Info on Hardy fly rod?

SecretPool

Reaction score
I just got a Hardy fly rod and I cant figure out how old it is or if its bamboo or not? The little amount of info I got for it is thats its 7 1/2' , #5 with a hand painted I/L just above the handle. The reel seat is a continuation of the cork handle and the number 90 is painted on both pieces where they join. It came with a dark blue rod bag. It seems to be in good condition though I have not used it yet and cannot tell if it's had work done on it. Any help would be much appreicieted thnx !!

burk48237

Reaction score
Could you post some pictures? If not we would need a lot more info. What color is the blank? What color are the thread wrappings? Pics would really help. I use to rep Hardy so if I see it I can probably point you in the right direction.

SecretPool

Reaction score
Tried uploading pics and failed. The Rod itself is reddish brown in color and the thread wrappings are orange. Other than what Ive told you and without pics I cant tell you much more about the rod . Will try uploading pics again tomorrow.

SecretPool

Reaction score
Thanks Frank. Going away this weekend so no time to learn new things. Will try Sunday night.