Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default diamondback rods

i see these rods are made in the usa and have a comfortable price. does anyone know anything about the americana rods? looking for a 7wt for the lakes around here (smallmouth, maybe steelhead). tried to visit their site, but there seems to be a possible billing dispute and it is closed. are they on the ropes? any info will be greatly appreciated.

2. Default Re: diamondback rods

They are owned by Cortland, and if my memory serves me right, Diamondback might be gone. I know they discontinued the Diamondglass rods early this year.

Default Re: diamondback rods

Quote Originally Posted by flyflingerandy View Post
    They are owned by Cortland, and if my memory serves me right, Diamondback might be gone. I know they discontinued the Diamondglass rods early this year.
    If that's true, then that's really a shame. I had heard that they were simply reducing the number of offerings in the line. My 7'6" D-glass 3 wt. has become my "go to " rod when I'm headed for small stream fishing. Picked it up again just this morning, went to my favorite pocket water spot and managed to entice several brookies in the 8-12" range; some in their fall spawning colors. Pretty fish - great rod!

4. Default Re: diamondback rods

they are still being offered for sale, and not at a discount rate, so though i may lose my warranty quick, i still cannot pass up the price. thank you both for responding.

As long as Cortland is around you will have warranty coverage for your Diamondback rod. We do stand behind the stuff we build even if we discontinue it. As far as Diamondback, We came out with an excellent Big Water graphite rod last year, the Flawless. It is a casting machine and great on SW flats or for throwing heavy streamers with big heads. The Americana is still available, as is the diamondglass, although the supply is limited.

6. Default Re: diamondback rods

thanks burk. will stop at erie, pa saturday to take a look at the line.

7. Question Re: diamondback rods

Burk can probably answer this better than anyone, but are all of the Diamondback lines (Americana, Diamondglass, Diamondfly, Classic Trout) being scaled back in production or only select ones? If you can answer that of course

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Fork View Post
    Burk can probably answer this better than anyone, but are all of the Diamondback lines (Americana, Diamondglass, Diamondfly, Classic Trout) being scaled back in production or only select ones? If you can answer that of course
    As far as I know the only rods in production are the Flawless (made in China). On all the other rods we are selling existing inventory.

Is there a plan at Cortland to continue to manufacture/sell the Diamondglass rods?

10. Default Re: diamondback rods

Quote Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
    Is there a plan at Cortland to continue to manufacture/sell the Diamondglass rods?
    I honestly don't know, I'm just a lowly rep.

I hope so, some of them are real sweethearts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast