Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default what do you think of a tfo 8wt 9foot

got one for xmas was wondering the goods and bads of this rod

2. Default Re: what do you think of a tfo 8wt 9foot

which TFO rod is it?

3. Default Re: what do you think of a tfo 8wt 9foot

lefty signatuare series

4. Default Re: what do you think of a tfo 8wt 9foot

I got a tfo lefty kreh professional 5wt and it owns! I love it! what ya fishing for? a 8wt sounds great for steelhead trout and tossin bass flys! will work for anything smaller also. you will like it! plus it should have a lifetime warranty I believe. mine did
    "Hey, you.Get your damn hands off my herl !!!!"

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.

Default Re: what do you think of a tfo 8wt 9foot

i think the signature series are the green 2 piece rods, no? if so, they are more of a medium action from what i've seen than the professional series, which might be called medium fast. an 8 wt might be, interesting, if casting in wind with big bugs. was it a gift to yourself or from a loved one?

eric
    fresno, ca.

6. Default Re: what do you think of a tfo 8wt 9foot

yes your right eric its a 2 piece 8 wt its green lol
    and ill be using it for steelhead on the river and bass on the big lake i hope it holds up to the winds on lake huron

Hi i want,

It would not be my choice for a Steelhead rod. If you are facing a lot of wind the TiCr would have been a better choice. The TiCr is a faster rod and in my mind a better Steelhead rod. Throwing against the wind requires high line speed and a fast action rod does that better.

But, if you can cast your rod and it feels good to you, just give it a try. There is nothing wrong with the rod except for the medium action.

Frank

For me, the med action would be preferable. I've had a couple of fast action rods and didn't get along with them. The TFO rods look to be very good rods, at a very reasonable price point.

9. Default Re: what do you think of a tfo 8wt 9foot

thank you to all for your adive like i said i got it for xmas so ill let you konw how it is

The TFO Jim Teeny series are great salmon/steel head rods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast