New 4 wt rod help

Plebax

Reaction score
Hi, I searched a lot about hardy shadow sintryx rod, i have found one slighty used for 200$ it worth it, or i can buy better rod??

osseous

Reaction score
Nice casting rod for sure

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cooutlaw

Reaction score
Is the question: (A) can you buy a better rod? OR (B) Is the question: can you buy a better rod for $200? OR (C) Is the question: is that rod worth $200?

Answers: A- Totally subjective- IMO only, Yes you can buy a "better" rod. B- Again, my opinion only, It is unlikely that you will find a "better" rod for less than $200. C- IMO, the rod is certainly worth $200.

There are very few, used market rods, in the $200 price point....whether they be lower, middle, or higher price point rods....it's difficult, again IMO only, to find anything decent for $200, I'd say you found a deal....I don't think you'd get hurt with that purchase even if you decided to resell it down the road.

IF, this rod fit's your needs, I would not hesitate to purchase it, however: ONLY YOU can determine if it fits your specific needs, with the research you have suggested you have done you may have considered this already, and IF you are comfortable with the rod for it's intended usage, then it should be considered, if not, regardless of any price, you may find it to become simply an unused storage piece.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
It is difficult for us to advise you without knowing about your intended waters and techniques. There have been very recent threads about 8 1/2'/#4's and your favorite #'s 3, 4, 5 & 6-wt. rods. They should prove interesting and informative reading for you.

Plebax

Reaction score
I want to use in small river for dry fly and for a light allround, streamer excluded. And I searched a lot about this rod but j don't found a lot of info!

osseous

Reaction score
Sintryx was a revolutionary rod for Hardy when it came out. Really put them on the map in the US as a rod to consider for many anglers for the first time. Prior to the Sintryx, unless you were a salmon fisherman, Hardy just wasn't on your radar.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

lepirate

Reaction score
Ah..well.. If you have $200 to spend on a rod look at China.. K.. aint patriotic or got a good resale value.. but, pretty good rods (very good)... Just email and ask for prices.. Good rods and better after sale than Hardy...
Qingdao Leichi Industrial & Trade Co.,Ltd.
Dave..