Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: G. Loomis NRX with a crooked blank - how much is acceptable?

I had a high-end Orvis rod that I bought recently that had misaligned guides. They twirled up the rod so that the tip guide was more than 90 degrees around the blank than the bottom guide on the same section. Weird defects do happen. I took it back to the Orvis store that I purchased it from and they replaced it immediately.

While all of my Loomis rods have been pin-straight, I did break on (my fault) and their customer service was top notch and very easy to deal with.

Blog Entries

Default Re: G. Loomis NRX with a crooked blank - how much is acceptable?

Use a telephone, don't text, don't e-mail, call the contact number on the website. I don't know where you live but when talking about an expensive rod the cost of a call is inconsequential.

Regardless of new or pre-owned don't bother revealing that when you make the inquiry to the manufacturer. When you are dealing with a manufacturing defect there is no need to muddy the water with details. All you need to tell the representative is that you bought it and have owned it for 10 months, used it infrequently and have recently noticed this defect. Do not bother with the hook keeper and stick to the big ticket issue.

Incidentally, I typed that without reading the other replies and so apologize if my words were redundant. We were about to leave for dinner out and I couldn't help myself and fired off some quick thoughts
    Last edited by Ard; 02-12-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

3. Likes brownbass, e caster liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123