Sage ESN gen 1 vs gen 2

ghostwulf

Reaction score
Hello looking for some insight on the newer sage ESN compared to the gen 1, I have the gen 1 esn 11’ 3wt and love it and fish it often. But can’t help but wonder if the gen 2 is that much better? And if it would be worth the effort of upgrading, selling old rod and Collecting funds for upgrade. Not to worried about price jump, just might take a little longer to collect funds for gen2. Thanks for any Information and thanks for your time.

osseous

Reaction score
Had the gen 1 10' 3 wt- agonized over the upgrade and finally pulled the trigger last year...

Do it. Major difference. AWESOME rod with incredible sensitivity.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

el jefe

Reaction score
I was surprised at the improvement, honestly.

What's the nature of the improvement? I had a first generation ESN, and hated it. I may just hate those kinds of rods, but I also think the manufacturers are still figuring them out a little bit. We may look back at the ESN and wonder, "What were they thinking?"

fffl

Reaction score
I had a #3 & #4 gen1 esn and liked them both but upgraded to the gen 2 after seeing one . I now have a #2 & #3 and couldn't be happier especilally with the 2 wt.

osseous

Reaction score
Sensitivity, casting accuracy, balance, action. Just a sweeter rod for the application.

ESN was Sage's first entry for euro- I think they went to school and applied what was missing the first time around. Original wasn't terrible- ESN II is just DIALED

silver creek

Reaction score
Sensitivity, casting accuracy, balance, action. Just a sweeter rod for the application.

ESN was Sage's first entry for euro- I think they went to school and applied what was missing the first time around. Original wasn't terrible- ESN II is just DIALED
Well, now you've gone and ruined your chances of selling your older ESN I on this board! ;)

canefly

Reaction score
I had a #3 & #4 gen1 esn and liked them both but upgraded to the gen 2 after seeing one . I now have a #2 & #3 and couldn't be happier especilally with the 2 wt.
Hi there,how does the 2wt compare to the 3wt