10'6" 3wt helios 3

TristianSutton

Reaction score
Is anyone else not happy with their H3 for euro nymphing?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

clouserguyky

Reaction score
What is it about yours you don't like? I haven't handled the 10'6" #3, but I use the 10' #5 for euronymphing along with pretty much all other trout fishing styles and love it.

TristianSutton

Reaction score
What is it about yours you don't like? I haven't handled the 10'6" #3, but I use the 10' #5 for euronymphing along with pretty much all other trout fishing styles and love it.
The snake guides, the coating, the fact that the 10 foot 3 recon is 2.5oz and my H3 is 3.45oz, how fatiguing the grip can be, the fact that the reel seat insert looks cheap, the lack of a hook keeper

goshawk87

Reaction score
The snake guides, the coating, the fact that the 10 foot 3 recon is 2.5oz and my H3 is 3.45oz, how fatiguing the grip can be, the fact that the reel seat insert looks cheap, the lack of a hook keeper

I really like my 10' 4wt, but some of those things do bother me. I love the cork shape, but the lack of a hook keeper annoys me more than I would have thought. I agree that the reel seat does look cheap, but to be fair, it works pretty well. I don't like the white, and I am completely over matte black rods.

When it comes down to it, for my use, I haven't found a better rod for the way that I fish. It might be out there, but I haven't cast it. To each their own though, I totally understand why those things would be a deal breaker on a high end rod.

If you don't like yours, I would reach out to Orvis and see what they are willing to do.

TristianSutton

Reaction score
I really like my 10' 4wt, but some of those things do bother me. I love the cork shape, but the lack of a hook keeper annoys me more than I would have thought. I agree that the reel seat does look cheap, but to be fair, it works pretty well. I don't like the white, and I am completely over matte black rods.

When it comes down to it, for my use, I haven't found a better rod for the way that I fish. It might be out there, but I haven't cast it. To each their own though, I totally understand why those things would be a deal breaker on a high end rod.

If you don't like yours, I would reach out to Orvis and see what they are willing to do.
Have you tried the Master nymph bellator?

goshawk87

Reaction score
Have you tried the Master nymph bellator?

Nope, never heard of them before now. Tbh I am pretty unlikely to drop a grand on an unknown rod from some random small shop that may or may not be around in 3 years.

To each their own.

clouserguyky

Reaction score
Call Orvis and express your dissatisfaction and they will do something about it. Orvis has some of the best customer service out there. If somehow they can't help, I bet Hunterbanks would take it back of you haven't had it very long. They are great folks there too and will be eager to help if they can.

I love my H3, but for a competition style rod I would try the Sage ESN first if I had any interest in dropping that much on a comp rod (I don't, I'd rather just get a Syndicate).

Lots of folks do like those Bellators too but I'm with goshawk on that one.

TristianSutton

Reaction score
Call Orvis and express your dissatisfaction and they will do something about it. Orvis has some of the best customer service out there. If somehow they can't help, I bet Hunterbanks would take it back of you haven't had it very long. They are great folks there too and will be eager to help if they can.

I love my H3, but for a competition style rod I would try the Sage ESN first if I had any interest in dropping that much on a comp rod (I don't, I'd rather just get a Syndicate).

Lots of folks do like those Bellators too but I'm with goshawk on that one.
I've tried about every rod on the market, and the H3 is far and beyond better for euro than the ESN HD, but the Masternymph Rods everything ive fished can not compare to their rods, they have a feeling I keep chasing

clouserguyky

Reaction score
I've tried about every rod on the market, and the H3 is far and beyond better for euro than the ESN HD, but the Masternymph Rods everything ive fished can not compare to their rods, they have a feeling I keep chasing

Sounds like you need to call the shop or Orvis, explain your situation and ask for a refund, then go get your Masternymph then. Let us know how it goes if you decide to go that route.

TristianSutton

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to call the shop or Orvis, explain your situation and ask for a refund, then go get your Masternymph then. Let us know how it goes if you decide to go that route.
I have a friend begging to buy my H3 off me, and he agreed to my price

dr d

Reaction score
may be maxia will be better- you tried them too? - they equipped longtime a lot of champs.

since some month they upgraded to xs - serie.

b.r.

thomas

TristianSutton

Reaction score
may be maxia will be better- you tried them too? - they equipped longtime a lot of champs.

since some month they upgraded to xs - serie.

b.r.

thomas
No offense but i prefer American made products and i have no clue where maxia is made

osseous

Reaction score
Clutch was the second coming just a year ago~

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk