Updating Scott Meridian

el jefe

Reaction score
I don't know, but I kind of doubt it. The Radian is older than the Meridian, and that has not yet been updated. I have a Meridian, and I can't imagine what they could do to update or improve it.

osseous

Reaction score
I would agree- Radian is due before the Meridian

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

flntknp17

Reaction score
I can’t honestly see how anyone could improve the Meridian.....it’s the best graphite rod I’ve ever owned or cast IMHO. I sincerely hope that whenever they choose to update the Radian, they will incorporate some of the best parts of the Meridian....then I’ll order one the first day they’re available ��

Matt

gidva

Reaction score
No way the Meridian will be king for at least a decade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ixoye

Reaction score
I have no doubt that Scott will come up with a new and better Radian even though it's perfect as is.
Radian is a fine rod, but not perfect, total weight and especially swing weight can be greatly improved, swing weight is not good on radian compare to newer rod as zephrus, asquith and Pure for some example.

Last edited:

gidva

Reaction score
The 905 radian is the best all around rod ever made. That said the 904 can be softer and the 906 faster.but overall Scott makes the finest rods on the market!

osseous

Reaction score
To me, the next big thing in fly rod development should be enhanced feel. What is happening with the line- An area with a LOT of room for improvement.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
To me, the next big thing in fly rod development should be enhanced feel. What is happening with the line- An area with a LOT of room for improvement.

I call this "transparency of communication", feeling the movement of the line instead of the flex of mass in the rod itself. Overall weight, wall thickness and resin excess both in matrix, surface and tread wrap finish all combine to dull or sharpen this sensation. Scott does make an excellent rod but they are not alone nor the leader in all aspects of rod design.

sgp

Reaction score
Starting to see Meridians discounted in a few Australian stores so maybe something new is in the pipeline?

Last edited:

zjory

Reaction score
OK, Just got this from a dealer I know, Meridian is being updated. Out with the old and in with the new.

Would't you know it, I just purchased a new 9 wt Meridian. Oh well, I still have a great rod.

Bob
Good to know, been pretty close to grabbing a 7wt Meridian. Will have to wait and see what replaces it.

osseous

Reaction score
Too much to ask that they revert to a normal full wells?...

czando

Reaction score
I own the radian but once I got the Asquith I haven’t fished it since!

Radian feels dated...

dynaflow

Reaction score
Byron Bay...easternmost point of Australia
OK, Just got this from a dealer I know, Meridian is being updated. Out with the old and in with the new.
Would't you know it, I just purchased a new 9 wt Meridian. Oh well, I still have a great rod.Bob
This is supposed to be an industry secret....some people can't keep secrets though can they? We're only talking prototypes at this stage anyway,and I don't know where that other guy got the impression that the current Meridian is on sale in Australia.There were a couple of used 2pc.rods recently from a dealer but that's it Down Under.