Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sage MOD sale

Default Sage MOD sale

Anybody fish these rods? I'm debating getting one in a 7wt.

They're on sale for 550.00 right now. Down from 850.00

Default Re: Sage MOD sale

I thought 6 weight was the highest they went?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOOD EYE!!!! I didn't realize that! LOL!!!!

I fished a buddiesí Mod 590. Not a bad stick at all. Did some indicator nymphing with it, and rather enjoyed it for that. They are built to wade fish at typical trout wade fishing distances. Iíd take it over any Winston 590 Iíve thrown. I preferred my X 590 over the Mod.

Undoubtedly they are clearing them out in preparation of a Konnetic HD rod of a similar taper profile. I look forward to seeing what they bring out.

5. Likes troutbum_74, mcnerney liked this post

i fear they leave a liitle bit moderate due to konnetic hd - in future probably a little bit faster...

I suspect this ties in with S&S's (that's a lot of S's) comment in another thread where he predicted that Sage LL lovers will likely be using their CC's (credit cards) pretty soon.

I'm getting pretty advanced at this abbreviation and alliteration thing...

8. Likes mcnerney, ixoye liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by el jefe View Post
    I'm getting pretty advanced at this abbreviation and alliteration thing...
    Look at the big brains on Brad!!(Pulp Fiction)

10. Likes el jefe liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by steveid View Post
    I fished a buddies’ Mod 590. Not a bad stick at all. Did some indicator nymphing with it, and rather enjoyed it for that. They are built to wade fish at typical trout wade fishing distances. I’d take it over any Winston 590 I’ve thrown. I preferred my X 590 over the Mod.

Undoubtedly they are clearing them out in preparation of a Konnetic HD rod of a similar taper profile. I look forward to seeing what they bring out.
    I have long believed that the MOD, with which I am but minimally familiar, were it available in some shorter lengths and a more subdued color would have compared very favorably to the design concept enjoyed by many Winstonophiles (sans brand loyalty, just in performance).

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
    I have long believed that the MOD, with which I am but minimally familiar, were it available in some shorter lengths...
    Undoubtedly. I believe it was only available as a nine footer initially, and offered as an 8’6” version later. I’d like to see the replacement in some LL/Circa/GSeries lengths: 8’9”, 8’8”, 8’4”, 8’, 7’9”, etc.

Personally, I love the color of the Mod. Kind of want one just because of that. Alas, lovers of good rods will buy it regardless of color. Folks who just love to fly fish may appreciate a more conservative/traditional appearance.

I’m guessing the new one comes in a forest green or bronze/copper color.

A couple weeks ago I casted the Mod 904, Scott GS 884 and Winston Pure back to back to compare. Lines were SA Trout and Rio Gold. Here are my thoughts.

Pure: progressive action. Softer tip that got stiffer as I got deeper into the blank. Short casts were just bending the tip. Casts ok close in but as the deeper parts of the rod engage it was very smooth and easy for me to cast further distance.

Mod: the blank bends more consistently. Even shorter casts bend the lower portion of the blank. But the tip itself was not as soft as the Pure.

GS: in between the Pure and the Mod. More progressive than Mod but less then Pure.

I did not put them on a deflection board but judging by my experience casting them I would think they would look something like this. Please excuse my drawing. I tried to write this is words and it was a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast