Sage esn hd 3100 or t&t contact 1083

The op

Reaction score
If you had to choose one of these,for pure euro tightline,no dries,which would it be?

Troutbitten style mono rig.

Flies,size 14 to 18 2mm to 3.8mm tungsten.

Small to large rivers.

Fish size,small to large.

fffl

Reaction score
The T&T Contact is a great rod , if you chose it make sure you get the one with the down locking reel seat, it will balance better with a lighter reel. If you go with the SAGE ESN forget about the 3100 and go with the newer ESN 10'6" 3wt. It's a much better rod for euro hymphing.just my opinion

fffl

Reaction score
Sorry thought you were talking about the older ESN 11'3 wt. either one of the rods you mentioned would be a great choice. I fish the newer ESN 10'3 wt. and 10'2 wt. and like them both.

TristianSutton

Reaction score
My vote is for the T&T contact of those two rods, have you looked into the masternymph bellator by chance?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

clouserguyky

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with those two honestly. Try them if you can and go with whatever you like best. I'm partial to Sage, and I like a 10' for a rod that will cover a lot of scenarios, but I think both rods are very good.

The op

Reaction score
Thanks fellas,ive ordered the t&t 1083.
I did not look into the master nymph bellator as no doubt it would have made my decision harder,,,maybe when i feel the need for a 2 weight?