Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: New Yellowstone Angler 5wt Shootout

'Any situation?' B1 you can never have too many rods; I know ..... I've been told I could open a tackle store with what's in my garage and office.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Default Re: New Yellowstone Angler 5wt Shootout

There are so many valid thoughts here. I have to say that the YA shootout is a valid though "subjective" review that provides an advanced evaluation of a good sampling of flyrods. This test is quite daunting to undertake and coordinating with every rod maker to come up with an ideal combination to submit to a test would be even more so. Then again despite that, another test would be still quite subjective still. Nevertheless I have to commend Mr. Anderson for his exhausting undertaking that gives one a good starting point in that pursuit of a good 5wt. He tried to control several variables in this test which goes beyond what many others could have emulated on their own. FWIW, the fly rods that did well that I've owned reflect close to his observations and in the end made my search and purchases much easier than blindly searching out a big fly shop to test cast 5 different rods in uncontrolled environmental conditions- again all subjective.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345