Redington CPS

rausch51

Reaction score
My local Sportsmans Warehouse is one of the unlucky stores being closed down. Damn shame, but thats a different story.

Anyway... I picked up a Redington Core Performance Series 5wt for next to nothing. Anybody have any experience with these rods?

Jimmie

Reaction score
No experience with that one but hang in there for the deals. Tomorrow is the last day for our closing Sportsman's WH. Last week three of us from our FF club got some nice rods and reels that were still on the rack for 50%.

arfishinbear

Reaction score
I have never fished teh CPS but do fish a Predator and my son has a crosswater., both very good rods.
Bear

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi I had a CPS 9FT#4 this rod looks nice,weel made, green blank and nice reel seat.I know it got some awards in blind tests.It's a fast action,I tested it with a 4 and 5 line which were both convenient,depends the lenght of line you mainly have out...I sold it...for I'm a Scott fan...I regret it sometimes.If you can find one at 50% off I think it's a good deal.A friend of mine has the new CPX 9,5#5 and is very pleased with it,I tested it and found it easy to use and very pleasant to fish with.

Walter1023

Reaction score
Rausch.....I love that rod...its my favorite. I don't own any high end rods....prior to my Redington CPS purchase my 2 top end rods were a 9' 5wt TFO Ticr...an excellent rod...and a 8' 4 weight Sage Launch...also an awesome rod...both were $200 retail. I then bought a 9' 5 wt CPS on sale for $200 (normally $300) when they discontinued them....I bought it and just loved the way it casts both for indicator/split shot/nymph rigs...as well as dries. I then saw a 7 1/2' 4 weigth CPS reduced even further .....$150...so I bought that for when I fish some smaller streams but need more umphh than my medium action 7' 3wt. If you are disapointed with the CPS...you'll be the first person I communicated with that was.

rausch51

Reaction score
Looking forward to using this rod. I got the 8'6" 5wt. For $60 I figured it would be worth a shot. :icon_mrgr

FrankB2

Reaction score
$60 :eek: !!! That's a steal!!!! The lifetime warranty means you have a rod
for life: Redington will replace it with a CPX if they run out of CPS rods.
I almost bought one for $129 from Cabelas, but waited, and the sizes I wanted were all gone. I spoke with the marketing vp at Redington about the
CPS, and he couldn't have been more enthusiastic about the rod. Enjoy :) !

The CPS seemed to have an instant following not long after it came onto the
market.

Pocono

Reaction score
I have a 9'0" CPS 8 wt. that I use for Striper fishing and I would not part with that rod. From my perspective, it's excellent in every aspect. As FrankB2 said, you got a steal at $60.00. Hold onto it and have fun!

Walter1023

Reaction score
My coworker is just getting into FFishing....the 9' 5wt was gone from Cabelas so he got the 8 1/2' 5 weight CPS...but it was $150. At $60...that is one of the best deals I've heard of. I also got a chance to cast his when I was giving him some instruction during a lunch hour....casts beautiful - which i assumed it would anyway. Unfortunately Sportsmans warehouse website indicates no online shopping...or I would have bought a few more at that price.