Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Orvis Clearwater II

Default Orvis Clearwater II

Anyone using a Clearwater? I have narrowed my choices down to a Echo Carbon, 8' 4wt 4pc, or an Orvis Clearwater II, 8'6" 4wt, 4pc(love the warranty). My first choice is the Orvis. Any comments are appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Orvis Clearwater II

I use the 906-4 mid flex as my client rods. I've fished them myself quite a bit and really like them. They are very easy casting rods that accomodate a full range of casting styles.

Heres a couple of threads for you to check out.

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...-rod-5843.html

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...-5-a-4811.html
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

3. Default Re: Orvis Clearwater II

The Orvis store near me is still running the $150 off Clearwater II outift special.
    The price for the rod, a Battenkill BBS reel (VERY SWEET REEL) line and leader (I think) is only $250....and with the $25 off any purchase of $50 or more coupons, you may do even better!

Good luck...the folks @ Orvis have always been top-notch in my book....not pushy with the sales pitch and MORE than willing to share intel RE: fishing.
    Good luck...let us know which direction you decide.

I have one in my inventory although it is a 909-4 so comparing it with a 4WT would be apples to oranges. It is a good rod for the few times that I use it each year. I have a MA Battenkill V reel with Rio Anadromous Advantage line. I consider it a good stick for the price I got it for new.

Been kicking the thought around for a Clearwater in 3wt.
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    What manner of jackassery will I be subjected to today?

6. Default Re: Orvis Clearwater II

I don't have the rod you asked about, but I do have an original
    Clearwater 8'6" 5wt and 7'9" 5wt. Orvis Clearwater rods are overlooked and underappreciated.

I just bought a Clearwater II, 5 wieght, 7.5 feet. its an awesome rod. i also bought the new orvis wonderline. it casts perfectly.

I have a Orvis Clearwater that I have had since around 2001. I have the 8.5' 5 wt model and it is a great rod. I bought it as a package deal and my only dislike is the clearwater reel that came with it but I am finally about to get around to upgrading that. You can not go wrong with Orvis...top notch quality and the warranty is amazing.
    Tuck

All I have heard is good things about Orvis, its quality, and its warranty. So i guess the search is over, so to speak. I wont be buying the package deal, but i am considering the Battenkill Bar Stock in titanium to go with the rod, and probably some wonderline as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mnflyfish View Post
    All I have heard is good things about Orvis, its quality, and its warranty. So i guess the search is over, so to speak. I wont be buying the package deal, but i am considering the Battenkill Bar Stock in titanium to go with the rod, and probably some wonderline as well.
    When I bought mine I was able to make a reel substitution. Call the catalog # and ask what the difference would be for the reel substitution on the combo and they figure it out. might save you a little over buying seperate.
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures