Grasshopper Swap Spring 2011

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
A couple of folks have suggested this one--- they must be looking forward to summer---- so by request here's a Hopper Swap

Tie up your favorite Grasshopper or Cricket imitation. As always tyers of all abilities including beginners are welcome.

Due Date June 1, 2011

1. BigCliff - RECEIVED
2. Jimmie- Pink Pookie Hopper - RECEIVED
3. Mudbug - Henry's Fork Hopper - RECEIVED
4. ChrisinselwynNZ - RECEIVED
5. Famill00 - Madam X- RECEIVED
6. Stl_ Geoff - RECEIVED
7. Lancer09 - Surprise Hopper RECEIVED
8. Ant- Letort Hopper - RECEIVED

Last edited:

Jimmie

Reaction score
Count me in Mark. I'll tie "Pink Pookie Hoppers". Worked great in the Sierras last year, plus sent some to my friend in WY who said they were great.

lancer09

Reaction score
If this doesn't fill up real quick but with finals looming and all that jazz I'll give someone else a chanceto snag it. Let me know if we need any takers. I'd probably tie an 8 hoppicator or charly boy hopper.

peregrines

Reaction score
BigCliff, Jimmie, and Mudbug, glad to have you in this one. And Lancer feel free to jump in if you think you can swing it with finals.

Now please excuse me while I try to visualize a Pink Pookie Hopper.... :)

famill00

Reaction score
Mark,

I am still new to tying and have joined the panfish/bass fly swap. I would like to do this swap also. I will tie the Madam X, which according to my book is good not only as a grasshopper imitator, but also during a stoneflly hatch or as a general attractor.

Thanks,
Forrest

peregrines

Reaction score
Chris and Forrest glad to have you guys are in on this one too.

Forrest the Madam X is a great pattern-- and great for panfish too.

Jimmie- that pink pookie looks deadly-- with a name like that it would have to be.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Im gonna go nuts and try 2 swaps at once, i want in on this one too. I might either do a club sandwich, a varient of the sandwich or i might even try the new DH Hopper i have seen. Leanign towards the DH since i need to practice the pattern some.

lancer09

Reaction score
Ah, shoot guys, I guess count me in. Pattern TBA. I'll knock them out real early to prevent problems with them in the future. Thinking now, maybe a parachute hopper, yeah, a parachute hopper.

peregrines

Reaction score
Stl_Geoff and Lancer09 glad to have you both aboard in this one.

lancer09

Reaction score
Scratch the parachute hopper. I am going to go with a slightly more warm water approach as that is primarily what I fish. While I would like to tell everyone I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the results. It should also work well for them wily trouts.

ant

Reaction score
I'll get in this one.... Put me down for a Letort Hopper.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

I finished up the dozen Madam X's yesterday. I am also doing the Panfish fly swap, so I need to finish those up. Who do I send the flies to?
You can send them to me. ;)