Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Post Turkey Day Swap

OK, I figured out what I am gonna tie, it will be Chartruese and Red - Holiday colors -and will be on a size 14, and will be a proven pattern that works for trout and panfish.

I only posted this much as a hint - I like Christmas - but hate waiting to open presents.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by webrx View Post
    I only posted this much as a hint - I like Christmas - but hate waiting to open presents.
    What!? no guesses yet?

ok, well, I will have these all tied up today or tomorrow -

Hint 2 - they are pretty easy to tie, and they have been mentioned more then once in a very active post in the last week or so.....

d

3. Default Re: Post Turkey Day Swap

Micky finn?

nope, shake that box a little more and listen closely to the rattle

Mine are all tied up, just need to bag and tag em.2 out of 5 swaps done gonna work on the still water swap next, got my scud back today.

d
    Last edited by webrx; 12-06-2009 at 06:25 PM.

OK, since there are no more guesses, you all must be out fishing while I sit here surrounded by snow....

My tie for this swap - a red headed greenie weenie - cause trout like red heads

Webrx's flies arrived--- I inserted the roster of tyers for this swap in the first post (on the first page) to be consistent with other swaps-- and I'll update the status as flies come in.
    Mark

7. Default Re: Post Turkey Day Swap

Quote Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
    Webrx's flies arrived--- I inserted the roster of tyers for this swap in the first post (on the first page) to be consistent with other swaps-- and I'll update the status as flies come in.
    I'm glad you posted about this....May have forgotten about this swap lol. I did also use most of the flies I tied up for this swap. So are we just tying up 6 flies in total?

Flies from Brandy arrived today.

Quack--- since there are 7 tyers, if everyone ties up 12 flies, they'll get 12 flies back--- doubles from the other 6 tyers. (Brandy and Webrx have each sent in 12 already)
    Mark

9. Default Re: Post Turkey Day Swap

Quote Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
    Flies from Brandy arrived today.

Quack--- since there are 7 tyers, if everyone ties up 12 flies, they'll get 12 flies back--- doubles from the other 6 tyers. (Brandy and Webrx have each sent in 12 already)
    Ah sounds good. Now I just need to figure out how to send em and what to use to tag them

Sorry for cutting things so close guys, I just realized these are due the tenth. I'll drop mine in the mail tomorrow.

Edit: I finished them up tonight, dropping them in the mail tomorrow. They're forecasting 4-6 inches of snow for tonight, so I'll be testing the mettle of the United States Postal Service
    Last edited by fish_gypsy; 01-07-2010 at 12:00 AM.
    "I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." Jack Handy

http://www.fishgypsy.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast