Stillwater Trout Flies

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
For those of you that bob around in float tubes here's one for you.

Tie up your productive patterns for trout in lakes and ponds.

Due date Feb 15, 2010.

1. Brandy- Maroon Bead Head Chironomid size 12
2. Joni- Henry's Lake Renegade - RECEIVED
3. Webrx- Scud -RECEIVED
4. Tob1- TBD - RECEIVED
5. Min
6. Chrisinselwynnz- Black Midge - RECEIVED
7. Pocono- Chironomid - RECEIVED

Last edited:

Joni

Reaction score
Heay, I am at the vise for the Wet flies and Salmon....How about a Henry's Lake Renagade?

peregrines

Reaction score
Great Joni. I hope we get a few more, i know there are a lot of still water folks here.

webrx

Reaction score
I'll play. I will tie up a scud pattern I have had some luck with. Not sure it has a name other then a scud pattern. I have had decent luck with chartruese and (believe it or not) pink. I think the pink was being mistaken for blood midges or shrimp of some kind, I did hear there were blood midges showing up in a fishing report I read about two days after I fished the lake.

I have been wanting to tie up some more pink ones for myself, but ran out of clear and pink scudback material, this will give me a good excuse to go get some more. I have some dark olive on hand still and this works good as backing for the chartruese version.

I will leave it up to you all if you want chartruese or pink or I could tie up half and half and go luck of the draw.

Dave

peregrines

Reaction score
Trygve- you're always welcome to join in, glad you're in this one.

Joni

Reaction score
Got mine half done...these are simple but effective!

webrx

Reaction score
goin to Cabelas tomorrow or Monday to get some clear scudback, prolly some pink too if they have it.

so I should get started on mine next week.

Nice tie Joni

d

Min

Reaction score
I don't 'bob around in a float tube', I float around lazily, and comfortably, in a 12' aluminum.

Can I still join??

webrx

Reaction score
kewl, looks like we are up to six now.

got started last night, will try to get a pick up tonight when I get home from work. I still need to build a picture box or something to take pics in. BTW Joni - I like the photo setup you have, which is what got me thinking i need to do something.

d

peregrines

Reaction score
Min and Chris -- sure aluminum counts, good to have both of you in this one.

Great fly Joni!

mark

Min

Reaction score
kewl, looks like we are up to six now.

got started last night, will try to get a pick up tonight when I get home from work. I still need to build a picture box or something to take pics in. BTW Joni - I like the photo setup you have, which is what got me thinking i need to do something.

d
If you get one built, and you can find enough time, I would appreciate a picture of your picture box. I would like to have my "fly" pictures turn out better and I suspect that a picture box would help.

thanks