Swap for Kids

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Some members mentioned that they have kids that are getting into tying---

This swap is open to kids 7-13 years old (or thereabouts) any skill level, no experience necessary.

Let's limit this to 6 flies tied for each kid, with a due date of March 15.

If there's a lot of interest we can do more than one swap, but for now let's limit the amount of flies each kid has to tie.

As an added incentive, if the parent/grandparent can also tie up 6 flies to go with each of their kid's flies, then each kid will get back a baker's dozen flies (I'll throw some in too).

In order to include as many kids as possible, rather than limit it to 6 swappers, I will divide the flies up so that each kid will get six flies tied by other kids and 7 flies tied by adults

Here's who we have so far:

1 Brandy (TBD) and Giovanni (8 years old) RECEIVED
2. Brandy (TBD) and Angelica (11 years old) RECEIVED
3. Webrx (Prince) and Chris (8 years old)- Blood Midge RECEIVED

4. Futuremille (Bass Poppers) and Nathaniel (12 years old)- Bass streamers- RECEIVED

5. Flytyer_Neal (Palomino Midges) and Chase (9 years old)- Brassies-RECEIVED

6. Hyrgrnd (son Jim and grandson Micajah (9 years old) - RECEIVED
7. Sperrywater (TBD) and Chris (11 years old)
8. Sperrywater (TBD) and Kyle (8 years old)
9. Sperrywater (TBD) and Jack (5 years old)
10. Boser and grandson Caiden (7 years old) - Griffith's Gnat - RECEIVED

Last edited:

hyrgrnd

Reaction score
Is the type of fly open or will there be a particular focus? I have a grandson who is interested in tying flies so I am just curious.

Steve

Last edited:

peregrines

Reaction score
Steve- sure the fly type is wide open, it would be great to have your grandson in this one.

To every one else, it looks like this might fill up quickly, but if there's enough interest we can do another one simultaneously--- I just didn't want the kids to have to tie more than 6 flies or so. Just respond to this thread if you have some kids that are interested and we'll figure something out.

futuramille

Reaction score
Nathaniel is 12 and will be tying a bass streamer. Thanks for getting this organized...should be fun.

To go along with the streamers, I'll tie up deer hair poppers.

webrx

Reaction score
Chris is 8 and we will tie some up. Not sure what yet but will get it over the weekend.

Dave

peregrines

Reaction score
Because this filled up so fast and I've been getting a few PMs about other kids, I thought we might change the rules a bit to allow other kids to join in---

Kids still tie 6 flies...

Adults still tie 6 flies for each of their kids in the swap...

I'll divide up the flies when they come in so that each kid gets 6 flies tied by kids and 7 flies tied by adults (I'll throw some in).

webrx

Reaction score
OK, I need the practice, so I will do a prince nymph maybe in a 12 or 14 and Chris will do some blood midges in a size 16.

Dave

Last edited:

peregrines

Reaction score
Flies from Neal and his son Chase are here already-- very nice looking too. Good job men!

peregrines

Reaction score
Killer bass streamers arrived from Nathaniel along with deerhair bass bugs from his dad Futuramille.

peregrines

Reaction score
Excellent Dave, I'll send you a PM and will update the thread when they arrive.

boser

Reaction score
peregrines. sign me up for Caiden (7 yrs old Grandson) he will tie some Griffin Gnats....if thats ok...

Regards, Boser

peregrines

Reaction score
Great Boser.

The way this swap works is that Caiden and the other kids will tie up his 6 flies and the adult will also tie up some flies-- that way the kids will get back a bunch. Each kid will get swaps from both kids and adults back for a nice pile of flies.

mark

boser

Reaction score
Mark, I really like that. It will give the kids an alternative to video games as well :)

I understand and Caiden and I will tie at least 6 each.

Best Regards and Thanks for your help in arranging these swaps.

Boser