Aroostookbasser

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
As some of you may have realized, Aroostookbasser has gone missing. He's late on a few swaps. I did some looking and found him. He's got a pretty decent excuse. He had a bad accident at work and was in the hospital doing back surgery. He is not going to be able to tie for at least a month, and asked me to let everyone know what's going on. He wants everyone to know he's sorry he let us down (his words, not mine). I wished him well, as I'm sure you all do. I've been in his shoes and it sucks.....for years. On the bright side, he's still on the right side of the grass.
Dan

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Dan: Very nice detective work, I knew something wasn't right as he has always supported the fly swaps in the past (and he always adds something extra in with his flies) so I knew it wasn't like him to let the other tiers down. Please let him know that our prayers are with him for a speedy recovery!

Larry

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Good to hear Dan.
Tell him to stop being such a slacker and get off his behind!! ;)

J/K Get feeling better soon. Back issues suck, had my share also.

vsyogi

Reaction score
Important thing is that he is ok and getting better. Hope his surgery went well and recovers quickly with no future problems.

arfishinbear

Reaction score
I have three fussed vertabre so I know how bad back issues SUCK, I hope he gets well soon.
Bear

aroostookbasser

Reaction score
Wow !!!!

Thank you one and all for your best wishes......yes I'm alive.

I now know what it is like to get hit by a speeding locomotive and live through it.

As Dan told you...I get hurt at work......lucky to be here.

I was ....for lack of a better word.."flattened" by a pallet of freight. It was "dislocated" from it's perch up in a steel rack where it was stored in the warehouse. I was on the back side of an aisle getting freight out of a bin. When the pallet was "dislodged". ( Forklft operator error.)

The pallet caught me full force in the shoulders and threw me clear of it actually landing atop me.

The force was sufficient that I now have two discs fused..plated.. and screwed....right about center of my back.

I am wearing a back brace for awhile so everything can fuse and heal well.

Sitting for long periods is intolerable.......keeping me away from tying.

To all of you who prayed...thank you. To all of you I failed in missing the swaps...I am truly sorry.

I am trying to get back at it..slowly. No swaps for me for a month or more anyway.

To Pocono......thanks bro..I owe you big!!

To all of my fellow tyers.........I msss this more than anything you can imagine. Every fly I have ever tyed has been retyed in my mind each day since I woke in the ICU. My faith in God...my friends and my family have been the rock I lean on.

To Dan....... I have heeded your advice.....and my lawyer assures me all will be taken care of. So far "the company" has paid everything..... and my bills are current..... never missed a payday. Thank You for all you have done.....posting here and all .......Thanks Bud!!!

God Bless!!

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
Basser, no thanks needed. I have the same problem with setting for long periods thanks to wrecking my back. I have a tying station I put on my stove. It's a bit higher than the kitchen counter (and has much less junk on it) and I can tie standing up.
And I'm glad you took my advice. I was worried about you pal.
Dan

aroostookbasser

Reaction score
AB lives!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a hard time since the accident......three ops....wife left.

But thank the Lord I am whole gain. Walkling...tying...and writing.

Wifey and I are working it out........slowly......apart.

Had very little fish time....now we are in a drought and my River has nearly dried up! Worst conditions in 20 years.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support..........Dan ...you da Man!!!!!

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Good to see you back here AB--- hope you're feeling better and get a chance to get out there--- Your streams may be getting a lot of water this weekend thanks to hurricane Earl, so hopefully the fishing will get better.