Big Streamers for Trout Swap

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
How about a big, meaty streamer swap for fall browns?

Thanks to Devin (Lancer09) for the suggestion

Due Date Sept 1, 2011

1. Lancer09 - Circus Peanut variation- RECEIVED
2. Tyler185- Flu Shot RECEIVED
3. Mudbug- Muddled Zonker - RECEIVED
4. Aroostockbasser - Zoo Cougar RECEIVED
5. Famill00- Woolly Bugger - RECEIVED
6. S Fontanilis - Mike's Red Rocket RECEIVED
7. Dean_MT - Drunken Sailor -RECEIVED
8. Wovenstonefly - TBD RECEIVED
9. peregrines - TBD
10. tyefly - TBD
11. Pocono - Brookie Fry RECEIVED
12. Stimulator2 - RECEIVED
13. Watson - RECEIVED

Last edited:

lancer09

Reaction score
I'll give the option. I can tie a woolhead CP like mentioned above and it would be about four inches. Or a brown and yellow piece like I posted in the what have you been tying thread with the potential for other/more colors like olive or white.

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Mudbug the size 4 Kiwi Muddler is a great choice.

Geoff, anything that looks like it might be a good main course would be fine. Just say the word and you're in.

Stimulator2- everyone is always welcome in our swaps regardless of tying experience, so feel free to jump in. we often get a mix of beginners, intermediate and experienced tyers in our swaps.

There's a sticky in this forum explaining how they work-- basically it's tie up 12 flies put them in a puncture proof container and send them in--- either with a postage paid return envelope, or with $2 to cover envelop/postage. I'll send everyone a PM with my name and address once we have a few more folks. I'll divide the flies up among participants and send everyone flies from each of the other tyers in the same containers you sent them in.

You can check out pics from past fly swaps in the Fly Swap Pictures Forum

dean_mt

Reaction score
I am conflicted - I'm not much of a streamer fisherman but need to do more of it...so this swap would be a great way to stock up on flies...but I'm not much of streamer tier, don't know many patterns.

But what the hell, I'll probably do it. But first, what is the deadline Mark?

thanks

aroostookbasser

Reaction score
hey Mudbug.......looking forward to seeing them!.

Let me say one thing......

In all my years tying..not tying in a swap is the worse idea. Even if you do not have alot experience.....there is only one way to get it.

A september deadline for this Mark is a great idea. My Browns will be fattening up on big food getting ready for the ice to come.

lancer09

Reaction score
I'm going to do the big articulated pattern I posted earlier. In brown and yellow. Just so eveyone knows it is BIG so don't plan on fishing it on a 4, a 6 is better but 7 or 8 would be the best choice.