Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Small Streamer Swap

Default Re: Small Streamer Swap

why dont we have a straw poll on whether or not we should move the date forward for one of the swaps, Midge or Small Streamer. Say Jan 1. That way everyone doesnt leave their flies for all swaps to the last minute delaying everything. I know a lot of folks are in for two, three or all the current swaps going.
    I can have mine knocked out within a week for whatever swap we move, so no worries for me.

What about everyone else?

Thoughts??

Blog Entries

I will likely have my midges finished very shortly, they tie up quite quick. I'd be ok with an earlier deadline. I'm busy holding up other swaps, not this one
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Quote Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
    why dont we have a straw poll on whether or not we should move the date forward for one of the swaps, Midge or Small Streamer. Say Jan 1. That way everyone doesnt leave their flies for all swaps to the last minute delaying everything. I know a lot of folks are in for two, three or all the current swaps going.
    I can have mine knocked out within a week for whatever swap we move, so no worries for me.

What about everyone else?

Thoughts??
    Which swap thread is this?! I don't even know all the deadlines to all the swaps I'm in right now. But of all of them, seems like the Midges will be fishing sooner than the streamers or wets, out of the swaps I am in. So I'd be willing to bump that one up.

But I don't want to stir the pot here and step on Mark's toes or mess anyone else up. We would need a unanimous decision I think.

No problem here, I'm happy to move up the due date on this or the midge swap if that's what you want.
    Mark

Blog Entries

I'll trade an advancement on the midge swap for a postponement on the popper swap
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

here is my variation of the cat's whisker. I'm calling it the Mighty Dub Cat
    It follows the same principle color way as the original i posted in the link a while a page or so back
    Pattern i used is as follows
    Hook: Size 10 3769 or your favourite nymph hook
    Tail: White Arctic Fox
    Rib: Chartreuse Ultra wire (Small or Brassie Size)
    Body: Chartreuse Senyo's Lazer Dub
    Wing: White Arctic Fox
    Head: 5/32" Tungsten Bead

The original pattern calls for marabou wing and tail, gold rib and fl yellow or green chenille body. You can also use beadchain for eyes rather than a bead head.
    I've used this pattern effectively in the following color ways for anyone who wants to tie a few more themselves
    All Olive
    White with chart
    White with yellow
    White with orange
    Black with chart
    Black with yellow
    Black with orange

I've also seen them tied with Pink body too.

They look great Fontinalis!

Looks good, Fontinalis. It is gonna be quite awhile till I get to fish these little devils, but I love the idea of breaking out a light rod on a small stream and tossing these little steamers into the promising holes.

I have decided on a pattern! I am going to make a Hornberg variant of some sort. I can't believe that I've let this fly fade so far from my memory. It was one of my favorite flies the first summer I was teaching myself to fly fish. I don't know why I liked it, I reckon it was the size, that it seemed to attract fish no matter if it was skating on the surface or drug under because I didn't know what I was doing. I also liked the name, a lot, and it just looked the way a fly was supposed to look when I didn't know any different.

Well, I still like it for all those reasons! I just haven't fished it in years.

Streamers from Famill00 came in yesterday a sweet looking conehead rabbit strip leech.
    Mark

I have half of mine. hope i can finish up soon and get them in mail
    SHANNON

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast