Small Streamer Swap

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Thanks to Phil (Pab1) for suggesting this one.

How about a Small Streamer Swap for size 8-14 hooks?

With the holidays fast approaching does a Due Date of Feb 1 2012 work for everyone? Let me know if you want it sooner, later or if it's OK.

I lifted names of those that expressed an interest in pab1's original thread and moved them here. So far we have:

1. Pab1 - Barr's Slumpbuster - RECEIVED
2 Gatortransplant RECEIVED
3. s fontinalis Mighty Dub Cat RECEIVED
4. dean_mt - Hornberg RECEIVED
5. mcnerney - Squirrel Leech RECEIVED
6. famill00 - conehead mini rabbit strip leech - RECEIVED
7. stimulator2 - Cat's Whisker RECEIVED
8. Pocono - Milkweed Fly RECEIVED
9. Latshki - Larry the Lobster RECEIVED
10. Mudbug - Marabou Wing Streamer RECEIVED
11. Smalliesrule- Vanilla Ice RECEIVED
12. FlyTyer 123 Red Dubbing Leech
13. Aroostockbasser- Kennebec Charlie - RECEIVED

Last edited:

dean_mt

Reaction score
Yes, I'm in. The date sounds good to me, too. Pattern TBD, I have to find something nice.

I like the date, too.

Pocono

Reaction score
I'll play on this one; probably a variation on a streamer version of the Milkweed Fly, tied on a #14 hook.

After raiding my neighbor's field last Fall, I have plenty of milkweed for the wings!

Pocono

latshki

Reaction score
Im in, Ill be tying a little bit of good ole PEI ;)
Ard, if ya want some lobster you may want to jump in on this one

mudbug

Reaction score
I'm in and if it's OK with Mark I'll tie my version of the marabou wing streamer he showed in a recent thread of mine where I was looking for small minnow patterns for my 3 wt. (I love this thing).

If he was thinking of tying that then I'm in for a Matuka.

pab1

Reaction score
If someone could outline the rules or how it works I'd like to tie up my variation of the Hardy Demon.
There is a guidelines post at the top of the Fly Swap forum that explains how it works. Sounds like there will be some great patterns!

smalliesrule

Reaction score
I'd like to get in on this one also.
Not sure what I'll tie, but I saw a cool looking one on Charlie Craven's site yesterday. I'm thinking a Collier's Vanilla Ice

Stan

Last edited:

wt bash

Reaction score
Gentlemen I'm sorry to say that I will have to bow out of the swap. My tying days will be put on hold as I just got off the phone with a friend who got a set of rough and finish planning forms and theres already a few culms dried so I'll be annoying him until the bugs start popping.

flytyer123

Reaction score
Id like to change my pattern to a black and red Furled Dubbing Leach in size 10.

Tight Lines,
Austin

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Great guys-- this one filled up fast, you're all in. With 13 participants if everyone ties up 12 flies you'll each get 12 back (1 from everyone else, you won't get one of your own flies back)

(Mudbug that marabou pattern is all yours) .

Wt bash sounds like you'll be building some cane-- I'm sure folks would love to see pics as you progress through the build if you're wiling to share share.

dean_mt

Reaction score
Mark

Put me down for a Squirrel Leech pattern.

Larry
Sounds interesting, Larry. I can't wait to see these patterns. This will be a fun swap. Thanks for the idea Pab1. Maybe this spring we can fish some of these together.

I'm still looking for a pattern...I'm thinking about a bucktail...but haven't found anything yet.