Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Terrestrial Swap #1, Spring 2012

I am trying to contact Mark to break the log jam so hang i there, this isn't the only swap running behind. Late participants have been a problem with many of the swaps.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Mine came in the mail today... Thank you guys very much.

What an AMAZING collection of flies that came in the mail today!!!! Can't wait to get out and use them!
    - Rick

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky

Yep, mine too. And just in perfect time as I'm heading out for a looong weekend of camping near multiple waters that are all new to me.

It really is an amazing collection of flies. This swap (along with the second terrestrial swap) is great. Having this kind of variety in ants, beetles and hoppers, etc is so nice.

I am filling my box right now ... and there won't be any room left by the time I'm done.

Thanks to all the tiers and of course to Mark!

Sweet!

I got my flies today and they are great. Thanks to everyone and our host, Mark. And did I forget to thank Mark?

Hey thanks, Mark!!!
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

OH MY!! I have never been in a fly swap until this year. Amazing. I've joined 4 fly swaps and I just can't tell you what a joy it has been seeing the results. I know they were late, but with a few new rules, we can make the future swaps work. Thanks everybody for the great ties. I'm ready for another swap.

7. Likes fire instructor liked this post

Got mine today. Great! Hoping to get them on the water tomorrow with a new rod I just finished. Thanks everyone.

Hit the river today with my new bamboo (finished from a blank) and they were hitting terrestrials! Landed a nice brown on tbblom's canyon hopper, first fish I caught on the new rod. Sadly, lost the fly shortly there after, but well worth it. Some of the other beetles landed me some other browns and rainbows before they switched to mayflies and started slamming my sparkle duns.

Thanks all for the swap, and especially Mark for organizing it. It's nice to fill my box with some new patterns and even nicer to lose some of them catching fish!

10. Likes tbblom liked this post

William.
    It Didn't take long for you to put your Swaps to Good Use.
    As I mentioned beforeThe Beetles I tied in Orange to act as an indicator,I hope they work & are the sized ones I mainly use,I have caught fish on them from early morning to late at night,the Beetles swarm in The warm weather & The Fish really go crazy for them.
    Incidently The Real ones are An Irredescent Brown which live in The Gum (Eucalypt) Trees & come in all sizes as they grow.
    I've always wondered if they made their way to The US as I saw heaps of Gum Trees in California.
    They can be downsized or Colours changed to match The Beetles you have.
    Brian.

12. Likes williamhj liked this post

Got my 3 Swaps over the weekend.A very nice assortment.Thanks to all that participated .Thanks again to Mark for all the work.

Scott

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast