Carp, Catfish and Bluegill Fly Swap

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Thanks to drlaser for the idea for this swap.

This is for all the folks that have fun chasing these fish.

Due Date June 1, 2012

Limited to 13 swappers-- tie up 12 flies and get 12 back (1 fly from each of the other swappers)

1. drlaser
2. Gatortransplant
3. Stl_Geoff - Blind Squirrel RECEIVED
4. iaflyguy - Gray and Black Woolly Bugger RECEIVED
5. pkins44
6. lancer09 - Red Leeches RECEIVED
7. fire instructor - Rubber Legs Blue Gill Fly RECEIVED
8. Brookfieldangler - McTages Leather Trouser Worm RECEIVED
9. Mudbug - Bluegill Candy Hopper RECEIVED
10. Joni- Yellow Soft Hackle Spider RECEIVED
11. Famill00 - Bully's Bluegill Spider RECEIVED

Last edited:

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Great! Glad to have you. And have no fear, perfection is not required otherwise my hairballs wouldn't be eligible :)

I'll be sending out the usual info via PM to all participants once we get a few more folks. It'll include my address etc.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Blind squirrel is what I'll be doing. A buddy of mine ties it. Its a sweet fly that is slaying the carp like mad around here right now.

fire instructor

Reaction score
Well, I was going to pass on this swap, but after opening yesterday's mail, and seeing the variety and quality of the Dry Fly Swap and the Nymph Swap, how can I pass this up???

Put me down for a "Rubber Legs Bluegill Fly". Not yet sure if I'll do a bead-head, or what color. I'll have to see what I have, or what's readily available for materials....

pkins44

Reaction score
Are there any requests for flies? I'm not too edumacated in specifc carp flies because I just recently started to try fishing for the grass carp here. I'm trying to learn new patterns but looking for an effective one at the same time. Opem to all suggestions. Thanks

mudbug

Reaction score
OK, since I seem to be on track with getting my flies done for the terrestrial swap done REAL early I'll go ahead and join this one with a Bluegill Candy Hopper.

Joni

Reaction score
My go to Carp fly is a Yellow softhackle Glow Bug. It catches Carp! betting it will work on gills and cats. If that sounds like something you all would like to try, sign me up.

Joni

Reaction score
This swap still a go? Carp become really active last of May through June