Terrestrial #2 Swap, Spring 2012

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
We had so much interest in the swap suggested by Brian (Liphookedau) that we added another one... ( I guess that makes this an extra terrestrial swap ???)

Ant, beetle, inch worm, hopper, cricket etc patterns are all fair game for this swap.

Folks not already in the other terrestrial swap have first priority for this one, But if you're signed up for the terrestrial #1 swap and want to be in this one too just let me know and we'll try and squeeze you in.

Due date June 1, 2012

1. Famill00 - Letort Cricket RECEIVED
2. Ted4887 - Chernobyl Hopper RECEIVED
3. Darwin - Foam Beetle RECEIVED
4. Liphookedau - Mudeye RECEIVED
5. Mcnerney - TBD
6. iaflyguy - Bean Beetle RECEIVED
7. Smalliesrule- Japanese Beetle
8. Fire Instructor Elk Hair Skunk Hopper RECEIVED
9. Dean MT - Foam Cinnamon Ants RECEIVED
10. Theboz - Mashed Mealie RECEIVED
11. Hooked1 - Adult Damsel RECEIVED
12. Silver Creek - Black Acrylic Crystal Ant RECEIVED
13. Frostylemonade -

Last edited:
L

Liphookedau

Mark,keep me in mind if you don't get the numbers as I don't want to keep anyone out as I'm in The Original #1 Swap.
Mine will be a Mudeye a Pattern a similiar one to which I've caught some nice Rainbows & Browns this year so far over here & I can see no reason it won't work in The US.
Addition:Check out my Albums for The Pic
Brian.

Last edited:

peregrines

Reaction score
Excellent -- Larry (Mcnerney) and Brian (Liphookedau) you guys are both in

L

Liphookedau

Mark,I'd better get into it as I've 3 dozen Flies to Tie in 3 Patterns as it's better if I send The 3 Swaps at once & I want to be on time,the materials are varied:
Fox Tail,Cock & Hen Hackles,Poly Wing/Posts,Antron Dubbing, Mohair Wool,Plastic Beads,Duck Feathers,Foam Sheeting & Chenille.
Brian.

fire instructor

Reaction score
Mark - I finished the Elk Hair Drakes last night, and did a half dozen of the Dryersheet Drakes. My bluegill flies are a simple tie, and will be done quickly, so since this "Terrestrial #2" is filling quickly, I better get it. Put me down for the Elk Hair Skunk Hopper.

peregrines

Reaction score
Rick you've turned into a tying maniac-- looking forward to seeing a elk/skunk lovechild ...

fire instructor

Reaction score
Rick you've turned into a tying maniac-/QUOTE]

Actually, we opened the NYS Emergency Operations Center yesterday afternoon for the ongoing wildfires on Long Island, Staten Island, and in the Hudson Valley. I wound-up pulling a 24-hour shift, as I had worked all day, and THEN we needed nighttime staffing.

Anyone who has worked in an EOC knows that it's hours and hours of sheer boredom, interlaced with moments of sheer terror. So I took those hours of boredom, and instead of reading or watching a movie, I kept-up with my work, and tied flies! (I had my son drop off my tying kit at 8:00 p.m., when he brought me a fresh shirt and my electric razor.)

dean_mt

Reaction score
How are you looking over here? I've got my first set ready for the mail, so if you need another batch of beetles, I'm good for it! I'll wait a couple more days to see if it fills up...

dean_mt

Reaction score
I'm waiting to get my standard jaws back from HMH and for now am restricted to tying #18 or smaller with the micro jaws...I guess I could work on some ants.