Time for a fly swap!!!!!!

theboz

Reaction score
Nymph Swap Fall 2012

OAlright time to get the ball rolling. Spoke with Ard on Friday and I am going to run the first swap of the new and hopefully improved era! Going to make it a simple one to start and after this one other members are going to take a shot at it also. It will be a nymph swap limited to 15 swappers. Standard swap guidelines . Everyone will tie 14 nymphs and receive the same in return . As soon as I get some responses I'll pm my address and set the deadline for mailing out. Once the deadline is set if your flys come late I'm sending them back the way they came . Going to try to make this as simple as possible and get everybody their flys in a timely fashion.
If your in let me know and I'll start the list and we can start swapping. Feel free to let me know any concerns or questions that you may have.
John(theboz)

The DeadlineFor this swap will be November 10th
No exceptions! With 15 swappers you get 14 back.
1-gatortransplant-beadhead frenchie Recieved
2-ted4887-pink squirrelRecieved
3-s.fontinalis-sparkle maggotRecieved
4-hooked1-BHN variant Recieved
5-brookfieldangler-steelhead hammerRecieved
6-tbblom-Winter warriorRecieved
7-williamhj-sugar cube Recieved
8-newby-sharks caddis pupaeRecieved
9-pocono-PTN variantRecieved
10-theboz-hares earRecieved
11-Joni -WD40Recieved
12-drydropper-split case Recieved
13-famill00-Stillwater nymphRecieved
14-Laurie-pink resin buzzerRecieved
15-noreaster-flash hares earRecieved

Last edited:

tbblom

Reaction score
I'm in [if you guys will forgive my previous comments on the swap!]
Would you guys prefer:
#16 BH Soft hackle bicolor copper john (stone)
#18 BH Winter warrior (dark rainbow warrior, good winter nymph)
#14 BH FB tan twine stone (flashy and buggy)
or
#12 birds nest attractor (good stillwater action or deep nymph)

examples:
birds nest

winter warrior

I'll pick whatever gets a few early votes.

williamhj

Reaction score
I'll tie a little sugar cube nymph I've found successful, in either a 16, 18, or 20 depending on how small I feel like tying :)

newby

Reaction score
I am debating tying a chartreuse copper john, a caddis pupae, or a stonefly nymph. Any thoughts on what you guys fish more?

Pocono

Reaction score
It's been awhile.

I'll, literally, have to scrape the rust off my nymph hooks...........but it's time and I'm game. Actually, I've been looking for a reason to tie on the new Daiichi barbless hooks........so, here it is! ;)

Put me down for a PTN variant.

Pocono

By the way John, my avatar is on Swiftwater Creek; about 1/2 mile down from Pocono Manor; good early season PTN water.

theboz

Reaction score
Pleasure to have you Allan. Thought that stream looked familiar(especially the low water). Hope it survives all the construction and road work near it. Your in. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

With all the celebrities on here I'm going to do a hares ear nymph. Don't want to miss it.