Fly Swap Rules 2020 Edition;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
In order to avoid any potential problems with fly swapping You Need To contact me before posting a thread announcing a new swap.

The only reason I am asking you to do this is that we want to have some control over things being organized on the public forum threads. If members wish to organize private exchanges with one another you are free to do so but any that are publicly posted should be in keeping with some basic rules. This post / thread is not something I just dreamed up. There have been significant failures with large scale fly swaps in the past.

> Swap hosts should participate in at least 3 fly swaps prior to requesting that they be the host for one.
> Potential hosts should be active members known by the general membership and moderators.

> The members hosting the swaps will be responsible for setting the rules for how long the participants have to complete the flies and have them mailed in. They will also set the postage price for your return package and you should include that with your flies.

> If you join in / sign up, for a swap and find that there is no way you can tie the flies you will need to advise the swap host asap about your need to cancel out. There is no shame in backing off but just not sending the flies is not cool.

> If you are the Swap Organizer and find that you cannot keep up with the required responsibilities you Must contact myself or Larry. Please do this as soon as you realize that life has placed demands on you that will interfere with your being able to stay with the swap.

> People who sign up and don't send the agreed upon flies to the host (and do not give notice beforehand) will be barred from getting onto any swaps from that time forward. Fly Swaps are supposed to be fun and I feel badly that such strict rules should apply but are the result of not having such rules.

Those will do for any swaps for now I hope, if you have questions please PM to me.

Ard

Last edited:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This simple request and rules will supersede the original Guidelines for Fly Swaps on the forum. I did not remove Frank's original Guideline Sticky because it represents the basic spirit of the forum fly swaps since 2008.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Due to increased interest in fly swaps and hosting I have un-deleted this post from January 19, 2020 Hopefully this will clear up any confusion regarding swaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.