Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Swaps for the New Year

Larry,As I mentioned I will donate some Flies,at this stage I can give at least 2 dozen,if I have a chance I will Tie some more for this great cause.
    Brian

Hey DM,

Put me down for whatever you all decide.After the way Poc swap fill-up it looks like you need to preregister a good month in advance .LOL

Scott

since i'm very much in the traditionalist tying mode these days i'm gonna suggest (and not really expect many takers) winged wet, rangeley streamer and of course salmon fly swaps.

I understand there may be few if any takers. But i'm also willing to jump in on some other swaps that fit my liking (dry fly being one)

Eunan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
    Larry,As I mentioned I will donate some Flies,at this stage I can give at least 2 dozen,if I have a chance I will Tie some more for this great cause.
    Brian
    Brian

Sent you a PM. Thanks for the generous offer!

Larryy
    Larry

I would like to see a "Your favorite dry fly" swap. Where everyone ties up there favorite, go-to dry fly whether it be a traditional Catskill or a terrestrial. That would be a killer swap.

I would be willing to donate a dozen flies to casting for recovery if someone organized it. I only tie a dozen patterns or so well, but there is a killer terrestrial/caddis imitation that I could tie up in a few colors.

I didn't mean to hijack the swap thread with the donation idea! I talked to Ard and perhaps we could do a donation to Casting for Recovery sometime in 2013.

I like the ideas for swaps already mentioned. I could be interested in a stonefly nymph swap or an extended body mayfly swap. Stonefly nymphs are pretty crazy looking and effective and I've been working on learning extended body flies with foam.
    - William

Quote Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
    I didn't mean to hijack the swap thread with the donation idea! I talked to Ard and perhaps we could do a donation to Casting for Recovery sometime in 2013.

I like the ideas for swaps already mentioned. I could be interested in a stonefly nymph swap or an extended body mayfly swap. Stonefly nymphs are pretty crazy looking and effective and I've been working on learning extended body flies with foam.
    No worries William, it was a good thought. I think we will be able put together a good donation of flies when the time comes. Let's wait till the new year and start a new thread.

Until then, lots of good ideas so far, thank you all. I am particularly interested in hearing specific ideas like the extended body foam, or stonefly nymph.

Myself, I was thinking about a Czech nymph swap. I just started reading Sly Nemes' "The Soft-Hackled Fly" from 1975 and now I'm liking that idea for a swap too.

I see a lot of tying in my future ... just what I like for the short days ahead.

whats the situation with new swaps coming up since the dry fly is almost completed.
    Are we gonna start another swap?

There was mention of a midge swap a while back which i offered to host, seems pertinent to the time of year.

BUT!!
    Lets set the deadline shorter than 4 weeks from the start date, seems there is a lot of interest in swaps again. Either that, or start a couple concurrent swaps.

Finally, i'd like to throw in the idea of a caddis pupa swap. Caddis pupa only.

I kinda like the emerger idea, emergers cover a pretty wide spectrum so we could have soft hackles, deep emergers, pupating caddis, surface film flies and so on.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Quote Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
    I kinda like the emerger idea, emergers cover a pretty wide spectrum so we could have soft hackles, deep emergers, pupating caddis, surface film flies and so on.
    my entomology isnt what it should be, i know winged wets, nymphs, dry flies, streamers and salmon flies. thats about it.

emergers it is!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast