Midge fly swap

phaaker

Reaction score
I am new to this forum/ fly swaps and did read the guidlines stickied at the top of the page. I would like to do a fly swap for midges. This could be dry or nymph, any stage of life. It seems like a January 20 deadline and mailing by January 22 would be good (any suggestions). I know some people like me have their own secret midge, show it off. 12 Person Limit.

1. phaaker - Nothing Special Emerger Dry size 20-22 (it is actually special)

Reaction score
Think we'll need to run this one by the mods as there are a few other swaps lined up. But if all goes to plan, i'm willing to host this swap, and i'll participate.

Let the mods converge and decide!

Eunan

williamhj

Reaction score
Think we'll need to run this one by the mods as there are a few other swaps lined up. But if all goes to plan, i'm willing to host this swap, and i'll participate.

Let the mods converge and decide!

Eunan
Sounds like a good idea! I was just tying some size 20 and 22 griffith's gnats...

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Lets hold off until Ard has a chance to weigh in on this, he has been handling the swaps since last years issues, and I know because of that he wants to go kind of slow, so I don't want to be making any decisions until Ard has a chance to see it.

Larry

phaaker

Reaction score
I am amazed how quickly you all responded. That is fine by me, I am just looking for a way to spread my creations and get new ideas. Hopefully it is a go.

dean_mt

Reaction score
I am amazed how quickly you all responded. That is fine by me, I am just looking for a way to spread my creations and get new ideas. Hopefully it is a go.
Phaaker - first off, welcome to the forum!

We used to have a very busy fly swap schedule and one very busy fly swap moderator who ran every swap. We had some issues, basically there was just too many swaps going on and eventually they ended.

So we have just begun to get the swaps going again and Ard, who was mentioned, is a forum moderator that is helping get the swaps running again. So that is why you got some many replies so quickly. There are many here that are anxious for the swaps to get going again, but also anxious about everything running smoothly.

Please, hang in there. I am in line to host the next (or soon) swap in then new year. Keep an eye out as I think we are on the right track and will the swaps will be picking up over the winter months.

phaaker

Reaction score
I am guessing that you had issues with people not actually submitting their creations and this caused the moderator to deal with this? If this is so, have you considered a feedback stick (both positive and negative) so that fly swap host will know whether to allow certain members to participate?

Reaction score
actually, i think it was different from what you mentioned.
we now have some volunteer hosts (more than one) so once we get a couple under the belt, i bet Ard will be happy to see two or three hosts take on swaps running concurrently, or at least over lapping by a week or two.

theboz

Reaction score
There were multiple issues with the swaps in question but I think Ard and the rest of the mods have addressed this in a way that has definately made a great improvement! By limiting the swaps to one followed by the next and knowing how each is progressing has helped . By sending a message to Ard to let him know who wants to host he has a roster system and Deanmt is next in line. Also anyone interested should not only read the sticky but read the original guidelines . For example to host you must have a minimum of 100 posts which is actually quite liberal compared to other forums which require participation in a minimum of three swaps before hosting. I think most people are quite happy with the new system and I hope it continues on the path it's trending! Hopefull you to will host one soon or get the chance to participate!
Welcome to the forum!