2013 Swap #3 : Clouser Style Flys

theboz

Reaction score
Looks like the Emerger swap went great with the last man mailing out this week. Kudos to Watson for a great swap.
So I thought for this swap I'd try Clousers to see if we could get some new faces . Doesn't have to be a Bob Clouser pattern just Clouser style . Bead chain , lead eyes as long as it's along the lines of a Clouser. Maybe we can get some of the newer tyers to participate! Look forward to some original creations!
Deadline will be March 31st. Limit to 13 plus me. Tie 13 and get 13 in return.
1 theboz- Antron Beast-RECIEVED
2 sumojo- own creation-RECIEVED
3 biggie robs- Rattle Clouser-RECIEVED
4 mudbug- mini Clouser-RECIEVED
5 eman - Blue Flash Clouser-RECIEVED
6 baseman1- Blue/Green Clouser-RECIEVED
7 Pocono- White and Red Clouser-RECIEVED
8 mcnerney-Red Foxee Clouser-RECIEVED
9 Rip Tide-Borski Slider-RECIEVED
10 FrankB2-char/white gold flash Clouser-RECIEVED
11kayo-Mickey Finn Clouser-RECIEVED
12 swirlchaser-Bunny Clouser-RECIEVED
13 wtbash-Yellow and Black Clouser-RECIEVED
14 stenacron-Black Nosed Dace Clouser-RECIEVED

Last edited:

mudbug

Reaction score
I'm gonna leave some time for others (hopefully new blood) to join, but if it doesn't fill up I'll submit my buddies mini clouser that works miracles here on bass.

theboz

Reaction score
Sumojo your in! Mudbug you can go for it I'll open it up to 15 if necessary! Besides I like mini Clousers!
Let me know so I can post it!

Last edited:
L

Liphookedau

Hi Boz,sorry I didn't mean to Hijack Your SwapThread.
Hi eman.
It's good to see a First Poster Sign into a Swap,a really good way to join also From "The Land Down Under" A warm Welcome to The Forum.
I'll have to give this one a miss as I'm uncertain if I can meet The Deadline as I wouldn't like to keep anyone out.
Brian.

theboz

Reaction score
Hey Brian you can hijack my thread anytime mate especially to deliver a welcome! If you change your mind always room for you as I told mudbug will just add more spaces!

Pocono

Reaction score
Re: 2013 Swap #3 : Clouser Style Flies

I've got to tie up some flies from the Spring American Shad run here on the Merrimack River. I was thinking more darts than anything else, but I know that Clouser-style flies, like the Clouser Deep and the Clouser Minnow will do the job.

I haven't tied Clouser-style flies since going after Bones a couple of years ago with Crazy Charlies and Gotchas.

Let me think about it a little more.

Pocono

theboz

Reaction score

I've got to tie up some flies from the Spring American Shad run here on the Merrimack River. I was thinking more darts than anything else, but I know that Clouser-style flies, like the Clouser Deep and the Clouser Minnow will do the job.

I haven't tied Clouser-style flies since going after Bones a couple of years ago with Crazy Charlies and Gotchas.

Let me think about it a little more.

Pocono
It's funny that you mention Shad Run and Gotchas in the same post. One of the top Shad Flys during the Delaware River Shad run is a Gotcha style fly tied with chartreuse calf tail , Flashabou, crystal flash and bead chain eyes. Took a bunch of fish on that pattern once they got above Dingmans Ferry!

Pocono

Reaction score
Gotchas are probably the best bonefish pattern that I've ever used; good to know that they also work well for Shad, since I've got a bunch of them tied up already. I'm going to check in with my local Fly Shop this week to see if they recommend Clouser-style flies for Shad; I'm pretty sure that they will.

Pocono

mudbug

Reaction score

It's funny that you mention Shad Run and Gotchas in the same post. One of the top Shad Flys during the Delaware River Shad run is a Gotcha style fly tied with chartreuse calf tail , Flashabou, crystal flash and bead chain eyes. Took a bunch of fish on that pattern once they got above Dingmans Ferry!

Funny that you mention that because my buddy's fly that I'm gonna tie is usually tied with Aberts squirrel tail in a plain white version and a white and chartreuse version. I always call it is crazy charlie mini clouser thingy. When I can't get Aberts Squirrel Tails I use Calves tail.

BTW, just so you know why it has to be Aberts Squirrel.