Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  162
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Swap #4: Wet Flies; soft hackles, flymps, winged wets.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2013 Swap #4: Wet Flies; soft hackles, flymps, winged wets.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwood View Post
    I received the flies today and can't WAIT to give them a try. I must say Larry, I have no idea how the postal system destroyed the case I shipped them to you in. I'm just glad they arrived intact and want to say that yours came to me with no problem.
    I had forgot to mention that the little soap dish was completely distroyed, which really seemed strange to me also in that I have used a similar container that I think I received from Allan in a previous swap and it has worked flawlessly, but who knows what will happen once it enters into the USPS system.
    Its great to hear that the flies are arriving, way before I thought they would.

Larry
    Larry

I received my flies as well. Thank you Larry and all the tyers! This is a really fishy set of flies. I'll have no qualms doing my one whole day of fishing armed with nothing else but this set in my pocket. The hard part will be saving them all for that day.

Joe is up for the challenge, if anyone else is let's make new thread whoever goes first...a wet fly swap only fishing day with lots of photos.

Larry, did I get one of my flies back because we were short a tyer? You should have kept it as I have a half dozen spares littering my desk already. Thanks all!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3. Likes stenacron, noreaster, mcnerney liked this post

Flies arrived today and they look even BETTER in the hand than they do in the pictures... Can't wait to try 'em!
    "Joe"

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring

5. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    I received my flies as well. Thank you Larry and all the tyers! This is a really fishy set of flies. I'll have no qualms doing my one whole day of fishing armed with nothing else but this set in my pocket. The hard part will be saving them all for that day.

Joe is up for the challenge, if anyone else is let's make new thread whoever goes first...a wet fly swap only fishing day with lots of photos.

Larry, did I get one of my flies back because we were short a tyer? You should have kept it as I have a half dozen spares littering my desk already. Thanks all!

That sound like some fun im down to fish all day with them awesome flies.
    Joseph Russell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post

John: Yes, we were down one person so I returned one of each tiers flies back. No big deal, I had as much fun as everyone else did and can't wait to get these flies in the water.

Larry
    Larry

Got my flies today and as was said they are even better than the pictures ! Awesome! Must have better horses in Wyoming than Pa ! Thank you again Larry for running a really great swap! Guess I'll have to fish these now , tough descision!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

9. Likes mcnerney liked this post

I just received my flies , very nice ties, can't wait to get them wet. Thanks again Larry!!
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bear 007 View Post
    I just received my flies , very nice ties, can't wait to get them wet. Thanks again Larry!!
    This sure is good news, the Wyoming Post Office is in high gear this week, at any rate it is good to hear the flies are arriving.
    Larry

Flies arrived today!! Great news. They do look fishy. Amazing work folks.
    I would love to see photos of them in action. I would be down for a new thread focusing on the results of them all. What worked for who, where, kinda thing.

Thanks for helping them get back to me safely Larry. I'll sure them up better next time.

cheers
    "Whale oil beef hooked !"- Traditional east coast fishermen saying

Im going to be going to the Kern River June 24th ,25th, and the 26th and im going to bring these bad boy with me to try them out and i cant wait we are going up above the Johnsondale Bridge and hiking back in like four mile in the wild trout area i will take lots of pictures .
    Thanks Joseph
    Joseph Russell

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast